Copycat Japanese Steakhouse Hibachi Chicken and Steak with Veggies
This Japanese steakhouse classic is a hibachi chicken recipe and a hibachi steak recipe in one!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a tasty and hearty meal for your next dinner? Try making this delicious Copycat Japanese Steakhouse Hibachi Chicken and Steak with Veggies recipe. It makes for a delicious dinner that will make all your meat lovers feel like they are in heaven. This chicken and steak recipe uses a zesty sauce that makes this meal very enjoyable.
Try spicing up your traditional chicken dinner recipe with this fresh vegetable and meat recipe. This restaurant-style dish is made to impress, without keeping you in the kitchen for hours. Who would have thought that combining a Hibachi chicken recipe with a Hibachi steak recipe could yield such a tasty and authentic dish?
If you love these recipes, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to get amazing copycat recipes like these delivered to your inbox every day!
This recipe was inspired by the Japanese Steakhouse Hibachi Chicken & Steak with Veggies from Sarah over at Fantastical Sharing of Recipes.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time15 min
- For Hibachi Sauce (Yum Yum Sauce)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 drops Tabasco
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- For Rice
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the Steak, Chicken, and Veggies
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion, including some of the green tops
- 2 eggs, beaten
It's no doubt that everything tastes better when it's made in that signature Hibachi style! This collection will have you feeling like a five-star chef: 8 Hibachi Recipes: Japanese Recipes You Can Make at Home
To Make the Hibachi Sauce (Yum Yum Sauce)
To make the sauce, combine mayonnaise, sugar, garlic powder, ketchup, dry mustard, Tabasco, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, stirring to mix well.
Cover and refrigerate while cooking the rest of the dish.
To Make the Rice
Combine rice, water and salt in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil then cover and simmer on lowest heat for 20 minutes.
Remove from the heat but keep covered to steam.
To Make the Chicken, Steak, and Veggies
In a very large fry pan over medium high, heat 1 tablespoon oil and add the beef and chicken.
Toss and stir adding 1 ½ tablespoons of the soy until the meat is browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
Squeeze lemon juice over the mixture and set aside to keep warm while you make the vegetables.
In another very large fry pan over medium, heat 1 tablespoon oil and add the onion and zucchini. Toss and stir, adding the remaining 1 ½ tablespoons of the soy sauce, until vegetables become browned and soft. Add the carrot, peas and green onion and continue to toss until the final vegetables wilt.
Push the vegetables to the side of the pan and add the beaten eggs, stirring until they are scrambled, then toss with the vegetables, breaking up the egg, until well mixed.
On a large platter, serve the rice topped with the vegetables and then topped with the meats. Serve with the Hibachi Sauce (or yum yum sauce) on the side.
This preparation requires two very large skillets. If you do not have those, you will need to do the meat in batches, turn it out into a warm bowl and then proceed with the vegetables, also cooked in two batches.
You can scramble the eggs separately as well and combine them with the vegetables at the end. If using this method, slide everything (rice, cooked meats, cooked vegs) into a 200 degree F oven as they are cooked to stay warm until everything is ready to combine and serve.
More Japanese Steakhouse Recipes
Hibachi Ginger Homemade Dressing - When you need a last-minute recipe to add some pizzazz to an ordinary day, ginger dressing recipes usually do the trick.
Hibachi Noodles Recipe - This tasty recipe is a great way to provide your day with a little bit of noodle-y comfort.
Hibachi-Style Fried Rice with Yum Yum Sauce - If you've ever been to a hibachi-style restaurant such as Benihana's, then you'll know how amazing it is to have fresh, hot fried rice to eat as a side dish with your meal.
Hibachi Style Garlic Steak and Shrimp - This dish can be prepared in under 30 minutes!
Hibachi Steak with Grilled Wasabi Potatoes - With this delicious recipe, you can make hibachi-style steak on your grill at home.
Japanese Steakhouse Mayo Sauce - If you've ever been to Benihana, chances are you've tried this special restaurant knockoff recipe.
The History of Hibachi
You may be a fan of this tasty Japanese cooking style, but did you know that hibachi looks much different now than it did originally? If you’re picturing a flat hot plate where a Japanese cook does fancy flips and tricks with knives and food, this is not how hibachi started out.
A traditional hibachi is a Japanese heating device that is round or square-shaped without any type of covering. It was lined with metal and held burning charcoal used mainly for warmth rather than cooking. These hibachi were either built into furniture as a permanent fixture to the home or as a portable grill used by Japanese soldiers.
The word hibachi translates to fire bowl and records of the grill date back to 800AD. However, the English use of the word hibachi refers to a small grill, which is how the popular Japanese cuisine has come to be known. Now when you make this recipe, you’ll know the true history of the cooking style.
Mom's Easy Asian Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
With this article, you'll be making steaks so good your family will be asking you to make them for dinner every night: How to Make Restaurant Style Steak at Home
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
Meatloaf is an all-American staple and Cracker Barrel is known for having some of the best meatloaf in the country. This Copycat… Continue reading: "Copycat Cracker Barrel Meatloaf Recipevideocam"
- Cracker Barrel Copycat Chicken and Dumplings
- Homemade Cracker Barrel Chicken and Dumplings
- Popeye's Spicy Fried Chicken Copycat Recipe
- 30 Minute Chicken and Dumplings
- Cheesy Chicken in Crescent Pockets
- Cracker Barrel Copycat Sunday Homestyle Chicken
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Chicken Bellagio
- Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken Copycat Recipe
- Copycat Popeye's Chicken Tenders
- 30 Copycat Cracker Barrel Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Meatballs
- Restaurant Style Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Cordon Bleu Breakfast Sandwich
- Mango Wood Cutting Board
- Darn Good Yarn
- Red Currant Poppy Seed Pie
- Chicken and Apple Lettuce Boats
- 9 Copycat Auntie Anne's Recipes
- Copycat Auntie Anne's Pretzels
- Apple Cinnamon Pretzel Bites
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat