- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Copycat Luby's Fried Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
This southern recipe is one of grandma's very favorites to make for a crowd. If you're looking for the perfect potluck pick, this Copycat Luby's Fried Cabbage is all you need. It's a simple dish that the whole family can enjoy. This easy cabbage casserole is kicked up a notch with bacon and butter. It only requires a few simple ingredients to come together and will taste fantastic. For great food in a flash, this is the easy weeknight dinner pick for your family and friends.
Have you ever wondered what's in your store-bought food? This article, MSG in Food and Preservatives in Food: What's the Deal? is here to provide a crash-course in the world of food additives.
Read NextShake and Bake Pork Chops
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Jul 31, 2022
I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish
leelandwebster9 88 24866
Sep 16, 2020
I have yet to find this recipe. It just gives me a blank blovk
Jan 08, 2016
When I click to get this recipe I get a Block notice for the site, that says the site has malware, virus, fishing frauds. How can I get a copy of the recipe, please?
Jul 14, 2014
I fry 4 pieces of bacon add chopped cabbage to the bacon grease with some onions and a dash of pepper flakes, steam it down with a little water, after it is done I crumble the bacon top.
Jan 24, 2014
Boiled cabbage is the reason I hated cabbage as a child. I learned about 20 years ago to cook wonderful fried cabbage with fried bacon and never cooked longer than 10-15 mins. Wonderful and I am always asked for the recipe.
Feb 09, 2014
How about including your recipe
Nov 11, 2013
Fried, I think not. If you want a delicious sauteed cabbage n chicken recipe go to' www. Cucinananette.blogspot.com. it's much closer to fried.
Jun 03, 2013
I certainly agree with the other comments..this is NOT fried cabbage!!! Not only that but, when COOKING cabbage you sure don't need that much water, as cabbage makes its own 'water' while cooking...following this recipe the cabbage would have all the flavor and nutrients cooked out of it!!!
May 27, 2013
This is not "fried" cabbage its boiled, all you have to do is put everyting except the water in a frying pan, me I add a little onion to it, then after a few minutes add the water just enough to steam the cabbage wothout burning it.
May 16, 2013
Stephanie, I have never been to Luby's. Is this really the way they cook their "fried" cabbage? It looks kinda yucky. Boiled bacon? How about a recipe where they actually fry the bacon and then put the cabbage in the frying pan with the bacon grease.
Mar 29, 2014
I agree that the only way to make Fried Cabbage is to do the bacon and then put the cabbage in a little of the bacon grease and a little water. I make it that way all the time.
May 16, 2013
So this is actually boiled, not fried. Both have different tastes. Use the same ingredients but put them in a fry pan.
May 16, 2013
I'm not sure why in the world they call this FRIED. It is actually boiled only. Fry means oil and high temp. I fry cabbage all the time and this is not anywhere like it except the slicing the cabbage up after taking the core out LOL
May 16, 2013
i do not believe this is fried cabbage don't by older women and i have cabbage. i have seen fried it myself.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Orange Nutella Pound Cake with Orange Glaze
There's simply no dessert more divine than a pound cake, and this recipe for Orange Nutella Pound Cake with Orange Glaze is such an… Continue reading: "Orange Nutella Pound Cake with Orange Glaze"
- Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- Copycat Luby's Fried Cabbage
- Chipotle's Pork Carnitas Copycat
- Copycat Slow Cooker Honey Baked Ham
- Sweet and Spicy Chinese Slow Cooker Ribs
- Restaurant-Style Pork and Ramen Stir-Fry
- Copycat Tarheel BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich and Cole Slaw
- Cafe Rio Copycat Sweet Pork
- Take Out Pork Fried Rice
- Applebee's Baby Back Ribs
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Copycat Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookie
- 3-Ingredient Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Southern Ham With Red Eye Gravy Recipe
- Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Taco John's Apple Grande Copycat
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Turkey Bacon, Cheddar And Egg White Sandwich
- Perfect New York Strip Steak Oven Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat