How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Cracker Barrel Copycat Sawmill Gravy
This classic gravy is what makes many Cracker Barrel restaurant recipes taste so good!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Get that traditional country-style cooking at home with this recipe for Cracker Barrel Copycat Sawmill Gravy. This is a gem among copycat recipes from restaurants. It's classic feel-good food from the comfort of your own kitchen. Serve this Cracker Barrel gravy recipe with your mashed potatoes and turkey at Thanksgiving. The bacon and sausage combine for a delicious taste. Everyone will love the homemade and flavorful taste of this gravy recipe. All great recipes should be this simple to make!
- 1/2 package bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup fried meat grease
- 6/25 cup flour
- 1 sausage patty, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Be sure to check out our collection of the best copycat Cracker Barrel recipes around: 30 Copycat Cracker Barrel Recipes
After frying the chopped bacon, reserve 1/4 cup of grease to be used in the gravy.
Place back in pan and add the flour. Stir until blended.
Add milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until bubbling and thick.
Season to taste with salt and coarse ground pepper.
Add crumbled sausage and 1/4 cup bacon bits. Stir well and serve.
You'll want to cook these easy main dish recipes with your family and pass them on from generation to generation. If you love filling food that makes everyone happy, you'll love this collection: 24 Copycat Church Supper Recipes
Mashed Potatoes Cracker Barrel Style
What Cracker Barrel favorite do you want to see our test kitchen tackle next?
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Mar 12, 2019
I have searched the internet and can't find ANY conversion chart that tells me how much 6/25 of a cup of flour is. Like Joanne12 guess I'll try 1/4 cup. It is dumb to post something that doesn't even exist and I assume if it did exist, it would be SOMEWHERE on the internet.
May 09, 2018
Ummm 6/25 ths of a cup flour? (that's not a standard dry measure) How about just saying approx. 1/4 cup flour.....?
Mar 14, 2018
I've been making this Sawmill Gravy for years now. Love it!! I only make a few changes to cut down on the artery-clogging aspect. For a great gravy use a equal fat ratio to flour, example 2 Tbsp. fat to 2 Tbsp flour, cook at least on minute to cook off flour taste, add 1 cup milk. Stir and cook till thick. Easy and so good. Thank you for sharing this free copycat recipe.
Dec 24, 2016
Serving for one
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Civil War Macaroni and Cheese Copycat
Do you like old fashioned recipes? Do you like macaroni and cheese? Then you will absolutely love this Civil War Macaroni and Cheese… Continue reading: "Civil War Macaroni and Cheese Copycat"
- Longhorn Steakhouse Salad And Ranch Dressing
- Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning Copycat Recipe
- Olive Garden House Dressing Knockoff
- Chili’s White Spinach Queso
- How to Make Restaurant Style Ranch Dressing
- Homemade Prego Spaghetti Sauce
- Copycat Chick Fil A Sauce
- Copycat DQ Strawberry Sauce
- Mexican Restaurant Style Chicken Poblano Queso Blanco
- Copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing Recipe
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Crumbl Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Big Mac Casserole
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- Lumpia Filipino-style Egg Rolls
- Crispy Beef Egg Rolls In Air Fryer Recipe
- Dunkin Donuts Wake Up Wrap Copycat Recipe
- Dairy Queen Flamethrower Burger
- Copycat Dairy Queen Flamethrower Sauce
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Tomato Basil Pasta
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat