Simple At-home Enchilada Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"Make your own enchilada sauce with simple pantry ingredients and never worry about msg and other scary ingredients again!"
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time10 min
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 6/25 teaspoon salt
Heat oil in a large skillet to medium heat.
Whisk in flour and chili powder. Reduce heat to medium and continue to whisk until lightly browned.
Gradually whisk in tomato sauce, chicken broth, cumin, garlic powder, onion salt and salt. Stir until smooth, and continue simmering over medium heat about 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Serve immediately or keep in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Meatloaf is an all-American staple and Cracker Barrel is known for having some of the best meatloaf in the country. This Copycat… Continue reading: "Copycat Cracker Barrel Meatloaf Recipevideocam"
- How to Make Homemade Salad Dressing
- Mexican Restaurant Sauce
- Homemade Prego Spaghetti Sauce
- 12 Homemade Dressing and Sauce Copycat Recipes
- How to Make Restaurant Style Ranch Dressing
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Butter
- Olive Garden Copycat Alfredo Sauce
- Taco Bell Spicy Chipotle Sauce Copycat
- Utah's Own Fry Sauce
- 6 Homemade Spice Mixes Everyone Should Have
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Mango Wood Cutting Board
- Darn Good Yarn
- Red Currant Poppy Seed Pie
- Chicken and Apple Lettuce Boats
- 9 Copycat Auntie Anne's Recipes
- Copycat Auntie Anne's Pretzels
- Apple Cinnamon Pretzel Bites
- Homemade Italian Dressing Recipe
- 43 Fast Food Restaurant Recipes
- Homemade Cinnabon Bread Machine Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat