How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
Simple At-home Enchilada Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"Make your own enchilada sauce with simple pantry ingredients and never worry about msg and other scary ingredients again!"
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time10 min
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 6/25 teaspoon salt
Heat oil in a large skillet to medium heat.
Whisk in flour and chili powder. Reduce heat to medium and continue to whisk until lightly browned.
Gradually whisk in tomato sauce, chicken broth, cumin, garlic powder, onion salt and salt. Stir until smooth, and continue simmering over medium heat about 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Serve immediately or keep in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Do you like old fashioned recipes? Do you like macaroni and cheese? Then you will absolutely love this Civil War Macaroni and Cheese… Continue reading: "Civil War Macaroni and Cheese Copycat"
- Carnival Nacho Cheese Recipe
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Homemade Prego Spaghetti Sauce
- Copycat Melting Pot Traditional Swiss Fondue
- Trisha Yearwood's Hot Corn Dip
- Taco Bell Spicy Chipotle Sauce Copycat
- Copycat Red Robin Campfire Sauce
- Cracker Barrel Copycat Sawmill Gravy
- Mexican Restaurant Sauce
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Spaghetti And Meatballs Recipe
- Watermelon Granita
- Goan Prawn Curry
- Homemade Sandwich Bread
- Cranberry Cookies With White Chocolate
- Italian Chocolate Salami
- Green Chilli Masala
- Easy Veg Pulao
- Double Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Buttercream
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat