This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Joanna Gaines Sausage Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
"Joanna Gaines Sausage Gravy is the perfect addition to her biscuit recipe! This sausage gravy is so easy to make and tastes amazing for a hearty Sunday morning breakfast. If you search for Sausage Gravy recipes, there are so many options and variations but I’m a simple girl and in my opinion, this recipe is simply perfection. I see no reason to try all the rest when this is clearly the best! Sausage gravy is a traditional Southern breakfast dish that consists of pork sausage, flour, butter, and milk that is usually served over buttermilk biscuits."
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time20 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Skillet
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- kosher salt
- finely ground black pepper
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Copycat Applebee's Smothered Steak Skillet
If you're looking for a wonderful dish among restaurant recipes, you've found one with the Copycat Applebee's Smothered Steak Skillet… Continue reading: "Copycat Applebee's Smothered Steak Skillet"
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- Homemade IHOP Cinn-a-Stack Pancakes
- Denny's Moons Over My Hammy
- Salted Caramel Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- 5-Ingredient Luby's Grits
- Copycat Panera Spinach and Cheese Egg Souffle
- Discontinued IHOP Stuffed French Toast Copycat
- Healthy Homemade Entenmanns Chocolate Frosted Doughnuts
- Copy Cat Asian Buffet Donuts
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Ham and Egg Casserole
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- Lumpia Filipino-style Egg Rolls
- Crispy Beef Egg Rolls In Air Fryer Recipe
- Copycat Dairy Queen Flamethrower Sauce
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Tomato Basil Pasta
- Sushi Bake Recipe
- Homemade Ground Beef Egg Rolls Recipe
- Classic Greek Salad
- Best Ever Wedge Salad
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat