9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Panera Ham and Swiss Baked Egg Souffles
The easiest copycat Panera egg souffle recipe
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
These Panera Ham and Swiss Baked Egg Souffles are utterly divine. A creamy omelette-like mixture nests inside a golden-brown croissant crust in this delicious dish. Try this favorite among Panera Bread recipes for breakfast or dinner. Start off any breakfast, lunch, or dinner right with this versatile dish. We just love these cute serving dishes, but you can serve them however you would like. It's a homey, yet sophisticated idea that will wow your guests.
Get more free copycat recipes here!
Cooking Time27 min
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 sheet (1/2 package) frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 ounces thick, sliced ham, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon canned and drained pimento or mined fresh red bell pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Brush four 3-inch ramekins with some of the melted butter, reserving the rest.
Roll the thawed sheet of puff pastry lightly with a rolling pin into a 12-inch square. Cut into four 6-inch squares. Fit one square of pastry into each of the ramekins, leaving the corners overhanging the dish.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs well, then remove 1 tablespoon and set aside. Whisk in the milk and cream. Add the Swiss cheese and half of the parmesan cheese, stirring. Microwave in 30-second increments on high setting, stirring well after each. This should take about 3 increments to reach a soft-scrambled egg stage yet still just slightly runny. Stir in the ham and pimento.
Spoon one quarter of the egg mixture (about ¼ cup) into each ramekin and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese. Gently fold the corners of the pastry loosely over the top. Brush dough with the remaining beaten egg.
Bake 25-30 minutes until the dough is golden brown and cooked through. Cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes and remove from the ramekins, or serve in the dishes.
- The puff pastry dough should not appear wet on the cut edges when it is well baked. If necessary, extend the time by 5 minutes until those edges appear completely cooked.
- Souffles may be eaten immediately, served at room temperature, or stored in the refrigerator. Reheat them in the oven, not the microwave, for best results.
Love Panera? Then you'll definitely love Panera's Macaroni and Cheese Copycat Recipe
Read NextEgg Foo Young
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Oct 08, 2015
One of the best things I've eaten in a long time. The crust melted in my mouth and the ham and cheese contained a perfect blend of sweet and salty. I'd eat this every day if I could.
Oct 07, 2015
Delicious! Add a good cup of coffee and you've got a wonderful Sunday breakfast.
Oct 07, 2015
Loved this!The crust was perfect, flaky, and buttery. Next time I'd maybe add more cheese and ham to balance out the egg. I wonder if this would taste as good or better if you used breakfast sausage instead of ham?
Oct 07, 2015
So. Good. Everything cooked perfectly and the croissant was wonderfully flaky.. I'll definitely be trying these again!
Dec 09, 2013
I had high hopes for this recipe because I love Panera's egg souffles, but unfortunately they were awful. I will make again, but with many revisions. The cooking time is way too long, resulting in a dry, over cooked product. Mixing the cheese in with the egg makes the cheese disappear instead of having it layered inside. Puff pastry would probably be a better alternative too since the croissant dough lost any flakiness. I will also get a soft, runny, but solidified egg mixture from a saut pan and not a microwave in the future. Good try.. But not a fan.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup
This Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup recipe is unlike any other soup you have tried before. The famous Outback recipe is a… Continue reading: "Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup"
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Copycat Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookie
- 3-Ingredient Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Southern Ham With Red Eye Gravy Recipe
- Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Taco John's Apple Grande Copycat
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Turkey Bacon, Cheddar And Egg White Sandwich
- Perfect New York Strip Steak Oven Recipe
- Easy Homemade Whipped Cream
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat