Homemade Egg Drop Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"A restaurant classic that can easily be made at home. This is just as good as take out! Egg drop soup is simple, warm, and tasty . It goes well with any Chinese food main dish."
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time5 min
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 small scallion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
In a small bowl, beat the egg with the water.
On medium-low heat, bring the broth to a simmer. Stir in the sugar, salt, and sesame oil.
Continue to stir in a clockwise motion and very slowly slip the egg into the simmering broth. As you stir, the egg will coagulate and form thin threads.
Stir in the scallion and remove from the heat. Pour soup into individual bowls and garnish with chives.
A great way to ensure that the egg slips in gradually is to prop a fork on the side of your pot with the tines pointing down. Then, pour the egg through the tines. This will give you those fine strands that you are familiar with at the restaurant!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Making a fried rice recipe at home is not nearly as daunting as it sounds. Our version of Benihana fried rice recipe incorporates the… Continue reading: "Our Version of Benihana Fried Rice"
- Copycat Pioneer Woman Cowboy Nachos
- Easy Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls Copycat
- Paula Deen's Brie en Croute
- P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps
- Copycat Olive Garden Lasagna Fritta
- Copycat Mini Pot Pies
- Homemade Egg Drop Soup
- Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
- Applebee's Wonton Tacos
- Copycat Velveeta's Famous Queso Dip
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Homemade Cinnabon Bread Machine Recipe
- Copycat Cinnabon Frosting
- Homemade Auntie Anne's Pretzels
- Copycat Cinnabon Soft Pretzels with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Bakery Style Cranberry Pound Cake
- Best Ever Quail Eggs, Potato and Mushrooms Brunch
- Truffle, Mushroom, Rice and Mountain Lentil Pilaf
- Feta and Ricotta Cheese with Spinach and Dill Filo Wraps
- Apple and Cranberry Super Breakfast
- Cabbage Casserole with Beef Mince and Fresh Herbs
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat