Homemade Egg Drop Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"A restaurant classic that can easily be made at home. This is just as good as take out! Egg drop soup is simple, warm, and tasty . It goes well with any Chinese food main dish."
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time5 min
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 small scallion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
In a small bowl, beat the egg with the water.
On medium-low heat, bring the broth to a simmer. Stir in the sugar, salt, and sesame oil.
Continue to stir in a clockwise motion and very slowly slip the egg into the simmering broth. As you stir, the egg will coagulate and form thin threads.
Stir in the scallion and remove from the heat. Pour soup into individual bowls and garnish with chives.
A great way to ensure that the egg slips in gradually is to prop a fork on the side of your pot with the tines pointing down. Then, pour the egg through the tines. This will give you those fine strands that you are familiar with at the restaurant!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
There is nothing more satisfying at the end of a long day than some potatoes au gratin to indulge yourself in. These perfect Copycat… Continue reading: "Copycat Pioneer Woman Au Gratin Potatoes"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
- Copycat Crab Rangoon
- Copycat Disney Dole Whip Recipe
- Copycat Cheddar Biscuits Recipe(red Lobster)
- How To Make Easy Homemade Pizza
- Copycat Chick-fil-a Sauce
- Pasta With Broccoli And Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Grilled Tex Mex Chicken Breast
- Shaken Espresso With Oatmilk
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat