Herby Barley Couscous with Chipotle Halloumi and Grilled Apricots
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"This herby barley couscous with chipotle halloumi and grilled apricots it’s just a dream dish, it’s an absolute beauty and the exact type of food that I would eat again and again. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, any day, any season. Peaches and apricots are one of my top favourite fruits to throw on a grill as an addition in almost any savoury salad. I do like strawberries, mango or pineapple too. Herby barley couscous with chipotle halloumi and grilled apricots is one of those favorite couscous salad recipes. Airy, tasty, light and so perfect as leftovers or work lunch box the next day. Healthy and super easy to make!"
Notes* as herbs here in this recipe I have used dill, parsley and mint but you may use any ones you like. Thyme goes super well here with apricots too.
* I have replaced a few times the halloumi cheese with lamb chops or pork medallions, it’s divine.
* yet again addition that’s perfect for sharing, for parties, it always looks vibrant and super impressive.
* A drizzle of a good quality balsamic vinegar into which you can add some fresh herbs will go well here too, well at least that’s what I like since I am a balsamic vinegar addict. Enjoy!
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time10 min
- 220 g halloumi cheese sliced
- 210 ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 190 g barley couscous
- 180 g tenderstem broccoli
- 6 apricots halved and grilled
- 5 leaves fresh mint bruised and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 small bunch mixed fresh herbs*
- 60 g pecan nuts toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 handful pomegranate seeds
Put the dry couscous into a slightly larger bowl and pour over the boiling stock. Cover with a plate or clingfilm and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
Slice and brush the halloumi cheese with a coat of chipotle paste and set aside for a few minutes.
While the couscous it’s getting infused, and the halloumi a little confused
, grill the apricots and the broccoli on a griddle pan for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side then remove and put on a plate aside.
Grill the halloumi cheese too for 2 minutes on each side and set aside once finished.
Toast the pecan nuts in a pan for literally 2 min tossing almost constantly and make sure you’re not abandoning that pan till you take them off that pan. Warning
They burn fast! After toasting, take them out from that pan and place them on a chopping board ready for a rough chopping once they are cool enough to handle which should be 1 min or so.
In a jar, place all dressing ingredients and give those a good old shake. Shake it, shake it, and shake a little bit more until you think enough is enough.
Get the couscous fluffed up with a fork, season and add half of the dressing, the washed and finely chopped herbs including the mint leaving a pinch of two aside for sprinkling at the end, add the chopped nuts and most of the pomegranate seeds. Give it all a nice mix.
Serve the barley couscous mixture onto the serving plates and top with the grilled apricots, halloumi and the broccoli.
Drizzle the remaining dressing sprinkle some more pomegranate seeds and few more chopped herbs and serve.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
This Chili's Monterey Chicken Copycat recipe has everything you could want in a chicken entree. It's super cheesy, perfectly seasoned… Continue reading: "Chili's Monterey Chicken Copycat"
4-Ingredient Copycat Cracker Barrel Egg in a Basket
Copycat Entenmann's Louisiana Crunch Cake Recipe
Homemade IHOP Cinn-a-Stack Pancakes
Copycat Panera Spinach and Cheese Egg Souffle
Copycat French Quarter Mini Beignets
Girl Scout Samoas Baked Mini Donuts
Chili and Cornbread Waffle Stacks
Krispy Kreme Donut Recipe
Kneaders Chunky French Toast Copycat
1950's Diner Hash Brown Recipe
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Lekue LunchBox To Go
- Roast Pork in a Bath of Beer and a Bed of Mixed Onions
- Totally Scrumptious Waffles
- Restaurant-Style Hunan Chicken Recipe
- Homemade Broccoli Chicken Fritters
- Little Potato Charred Corn Salad
- Ox Tongue Goulash
- Orange Jelly Mini Cakes
- Banana, Ginger and Walnut Cake
- Grilled Salmon Pasta Salad
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat