9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Copycat Carvel Ice Cream Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
From the Blogger:
"If you thought a Carvel cake couldn't taste better, then how about a fresh ice cream cake that tastes SO much better and is made with love!
This cake tastes so darn good. My husband, in-laws and I devoured it and decided that it was one of the best cakes I’ve made and it needs to go into the birthday cake rotation. My daughter proclaimed it, “The best cake EVER!”
Everything is made from scratch so you definitely have the great taste with the ingredients alone, but the BEST part is it really tastes like a Carvel cake. Not one of those copycat recipes that kind of taste like the original. This did not last long in our house and I had to hurry to take a picture of it."
Click here for the copycat recipe
Cooking Vessel Size9-inch Sprinform Pan
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 quart vanilla bean ice cream, softened
- 9 ounces chocolate wafers
- 1 container (7.25 ounces) Magic Shell
- 3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 9 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Cake
Take a 9-inch springform pan and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
In a food processor, pulse the chocolate wafers until they are coarse crumbs. You dont want big chunks, but fine crumbs will form big chunks of crunchies which you dont want. Add the Magic Shell topping to the chocolate wafer crumbs and mix well. This will become your crunchies!
Pour your softened chocolate ice cream into the springform pan until you reach the halfway point on the pan. Then, place your crunchies on top of the chocolate ice cream. You will want to spread them out in an even layer and keeping them an inch away from the outer edge. Place the pan in the freezer and allow to set for at least one hour.
Remove the pan from the freezer and pour in your softened vanilla ice cream, taking care to create an even layer on top. Freeze for several hours or overnight.
Remove the pan from the freezer and open the springform pan. Take a knife of a cake spatula and slide it alongside the underneath of the cake to remove the bottom layer. Take some of your whipping cream and spread evenly over the entire cake. Place the cake in the freezer and allow to set for 30 minutes.
Take the cake out of the freezer and decorate the cake with the remaining whipped cream. Taking care to smooth it out nicely and pipe and decorate how you wish. Place the cake in the freezer to set until ready to serve.
When you are ready to serve, remove the cake from the freezer and allow to thaw for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
For the Whipped Cream
Put your mixing bowl and whipping attachment in the freezer and allow to cool.
Mix the cold water and gelatin in a small dish. Wait one minute and then heat the gelatin mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds to allow it to become liquid. You will use this to stabilize your whipped cream.
In the cold mixing bowl, beat the cream until peaks form. Start off slow and gradually increase the speed.
While the mixer is still on high speed, add the sugar. Next, add the heated gelatin. Finally, add the vanilla extract.
This copycat version of a classic Midwest fave is well worth trying, no matter where you live: Portillo's Chocolate Cake Shake Copycat Recipe
Read NextWoolworth Cheesecake Copycat
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Oct 25, 2017
Growing up, Carvel was our favorite place to go on summer nights. My mom would always order us a soft served "twist cone" (chocolate and vanilla swirl) with chocolate crunchies. It then quickly became a tradition to get a Carvel ice cream cake for your birthday (everyone looked forward to it). We no longer live near one, so I am really excited to give this copycat a try and bring back some sweet memories!
Feb 25, 2017
This recipe looks so delicious and quite simple to make! My family loves ice-cream cakes, and although I have made a few for birthdays in the past, I never knew how they make the cookie crunch layer in the middle... until now! I can't wait to try this soon - no need to wait for a birthday! This recipe could be switched up so many ways, depending on the flavour preference you have. Strawberry, mocha, peanut butter... the possibilities are endless! Yum!
Nov 11, 2016
Oh wow. I love ice cream cake! It's always been my birthday cake of choice, even though I have a January birthday.
Jun 24, 2016
I've never tried an ice cream cake I didn't like. There's nothing better than enjoying a slice on a hot summer day. Thanks for the great recipe!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup
This Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup recipe is unlike any other soup you have tried before. The famous Outback recipe is a… Continue reading: "Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup"
- Woolworth Cheesecake Copycat
- Homemade Bakers Square Old-Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie
- Old-Fashioned Mississippi Mud Pie
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Banana Pudding
- Subway Cookies Recipe
- Mom's Mini Peach Pies
- Copycat Recipe for Olive Garden Tiramisu
- California Pizza Kitchen Copycat Butter Cake
- Cracker Barrel Double Fudge Coca Cola Cake Copycat
- Copycat Olive Garden Black Tie Mousse Cake
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Copycat Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookie
- 3-Ingredient Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Southern Ham With Red Eye Gravy Recipe
- Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Taco John's Apple Grande Copycat
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Turkey Bacon, Cheddar And Egg White Sandwich
- Perfect New York Strip Steak Oven Recipe
- Easy Homemade Whipped Cream
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat