- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Maeghan Lovejoy-Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
I grew up in the hospitality industry and have always loved food. I didn’t really begin cooking until I met my husband, a very picky eater. Somehow, I combined my adventurous palate with his picky ways and have made us both happy. I grew up in New York and South Carolina, so my cooking influences reflect that. Cooking from scratch, using local, organic, and sustainable ingredients is what is most important to me and I try to introduce that in my cooking as much as possible.
The Way to His Heart is about showing love through food. Nothing pleases me more than to feed my friends and family good food. I love food and being married to a man who loves to eat, but is picky, has made me really want to try new things to broaden his horizons. I’ve always loved fun, pretty food, but now that I’m a mother I try to really drive that home. If you make it pretty, they’ll eat it! Who wouldn’t? Most of my recipes can be served on a weeknight or for entertaining. I don’t view some recipes as “fancy” and others “comfort.” Good food is comforting, point blank.
The Way to His Heart Blog
Maeghan's Recipes on AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com:
Candy Store Gum Drops
Copycat Chipotle Mexican Grill Barbacoa Beef
Japanese Steakhouse Mayo Sauce
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Copycat Popeye’s Cajun Rice
Popeye's fans rejoice! This recipe for Copycat Popeye's Cajun Rice is the side dish recipe that you've been waiting for. It's so easy… Continue reading: "Copycat Popeye’s Cajun Rice"
- Best of the Year: Our Top 50 Copycat Recipes of 2022
- Stephanie Manley - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Carrie Farias - Food Blogger
- Shawn Syphus from I Wash You Dry - Food Blogger
- Kristen Baker - Food Blogger
- Averie Sunshine - Food Blogger
- Carolyn Ketchum - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Amy from The Finer Things in Life - Food Blogger
- Dorothy Kern from Crazy For Crust - Food Blogger
- Top 10 Copycat Recipes of January 2013
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Big Mac Casserole
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- Lumpia Filipino-style Egg Rolls
- Crispy Beef Egg Rolls In Air Fryer Recipe
- Dunkin Donuts Wake Up Wrap Copycat Recipe
- Dairy Queen Flamethrower Burger
- Copycat Dairy Queen Flamethrower Sauce
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Tomato Basil Pasta
- Sushi Bake Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat