We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"A hamburger helper version of cheeseburger macaroni made from scratch with extra seasonings and flavors. Start off by heating a pan and cooking your ground protein and adding some taco seasoning. You can add garlic and red chili powder at this point if your family can tolerate the spice levels. I usually add red chili powder/crushed pepper from the top so there is no alarming anyone. Once your protein has cooked, add a can of diced tomatoes and peppers. Rotel is perfectly okay to use unless you prefer to use an organic version found at many health food stores. Just a heads up though, be sure to purchase according to your spice level since Rotel is sold in original, mild, or hot; and keeping in mind Taco Seasoning also comes in various different spice levels. Once mixed, add water and pasta to the pot. After the mixture comes to a boil reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover the pot and let it cook for about 15 minutes or until the water has fully cooked the pasta and evaporated. While that is cooking, you can make the cheese sauce. Heat a small pan with some butter and slowly add in the all-purpose flour. Once the flour has cooked through add some milk and continue to whisk. After the mixture comes to a boil, remove the pot from the heat and add cheese. Continue to whisk until the mixture turns into a unified liquid form-aka-CHEESE SAUCE. After the pasta is done and the water evaporates, pour in the cheese sauce and collaborate the two together. Heat on low for about 2-3 minutes and serve! "
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time25 min
- PASTA INGREDIENTS
- 1 lb ground protein (turkey, beef, soy, etc)
- 10 oz diced tomato and peppers (i.e. Rotel)
- 1 package McCormick taco seasoning
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- red chili powder (optional)
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
There is nothing more satisfying at the end of a long day than some potatoes au gratin to indulge yourself in. These perfect Copycat… Continue reading: "Copycat Pioneer Woman Au Gratin Potatoes"
- Copycat Olive Garden Sausage Stuffed Rigatoni
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Orange Chicken
- Copy Cat Mc10:35
- Best Beer Cheese Soup
- Claim Jumper Meatloaf Copycat
- Easy Chicken Chimichangas
- Spaghetti and Meatballs in Marinara Sauce
- Simple Baked Chicken Breast
- Homemade Doritos Locos Taco from Taco Bell
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
- Copycat Crab Rangoon
- Copycat Disney Dole Whip Recipe
- Copycat Cheddar Biscuits Recipe(red Lobster)
- How To Make Easy Homemade Pizza
- Copycat Chick-fil-a Sauce
- Pasta With Broccoli And Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Grilled Tex Mex Chicken Breast
- Shaken Espresso With Oatmilk
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat