We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
The makers of Ginsu date back 90 years as the manufacturer of the “Sharpest Knives on the Market”.Originally branded by direct-response pioneers Ed Valenti and Bary Becher, the “amazing” Ginsu knife became known to millions of television viewers in the USA through our iconic television advertisements in the 1970s. The first Ginsu commercials began with a dramatic voice over and touted it could “cut through a nail, a tin can, and a radiator hose and still cut a tomato paper thin,” touting the knives’ ability to stay razor sharp even after having been put to the test. Asked “How much would you pay? Don’t answer!”, viewers were urged to “Call now! Operators are standing by!” and included the signature line “But wait! There's more!”. In the process they established the formula for the modern infomercial and led to being called “the pitch of all pitches” by Syracuse University. The style of the ads included many elements of the modern infomercial and has been heralded and heckled by the likes of David Letterman, Gallagher, Johnny Carson and Dan Akroyd. The Ginsu knives became so successful that it is still one of the most well-known and well-loved consumer products in history.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Restuarant Style Dal Tadka
- Copycat Lamb Stew
- Sous Vide Flank Steak Fajitas
- Sous Vide Guinness Beef Stew
- Sous Vide Pickled Vegetables
- Sous Vide Pork Shoulder
- Sous Vide Potatoes With Rosemary
- Moo Shu Chicken
- Sous Vide Sea Bass
- Copycat Frittatas
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat