Creamy Cauliflower with Pork Medallions, Turmeric and Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"It’s a nice feeling when my food is loved so much by my sweet little darlings. Obviously, you gathered, my family just loved it! It really is a perfect dish for this season and I just love the fact that you can throw in quite a few veggies so even the ones that do not love veggies that much will enjoy this creamy delicious dish. This creamy dish consists of cauliflower, beans, mushrooms and pork medallions, in a nice and creamy sauce. It is super delicious or outrageously delicious just like my son said, and...oh yes, he is so right!"
Notes* Pork medallions can be easily replaced by any chicken cut or even beef. It is just a matter of how you cook the meat. If using chicken, this needs cooking more thoroughly than pork or the beef. If choosing beef, it’s paramount what cut you choose.You may even have a roast and add this as a side or some fillet that gets cooked accordingly.
This creamy dish goes fabulously well with no meat at all making it a lovely and super tasty vegetarian dish. Whichever way you go it is a winner, a guaranteed one.
* The 200g orzo is the dry weight
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time45 min
- 1 cauliflower head organic approx 700g
- 1 pork fillet approx 500-600g
- 1 onion organic
- 1/4 leek organic
- 1 tsp salt Himalayan pink
- 1/3 tsp pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 200 g orzo boiled
- 250 g creme fraîche full or half fat
- 100 g Philadelphia cheese
Prepare all the ingredients, cut the pork fillet into 2cm thick medallions, set them on a plate seasoned well with salt and pepper. Wash, chop onion and the leek, wash and snap the beans, peel, wash and chop the parsnip, place all vegetables on a plate in separate bunches.
Blanch the cauliflower into water with salt for literally 3-5 min (depending on size). Set aside when ready. Use this water to cook the orzo. Cook according to pack instructions. Needs cooking for about 8 mins.
In a pan, over medium heat, add 1/2 tsp coconut oil/ oil or butter (whatever you like) or water and soften the onion for 3-4 minutes. I added some water.
Add the parsnip, beans, leek and the garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook covered for a further 2-3mins. Add a drizzle of full fat milk or water so it doesn’t stick. You can add the mushrooms here too or see step 6.
In a separate pan which is set on high heat, sear the pork medallions with a little butter or coconut oil for literally 2 min on each side. Set aside when ready. Preheat the oven at this point at 180-190C/350-375F.
In the same pan you seared the pork medallions shallow fry the mushrooms for 3-4 mins with 1 tsp of olive oil and the nutmeg. This step applies if you did not add the mushrooms at step 4.
Add the Philadelphia cream and the creme fraîche to the onion, leeks and other vegetables mix well. It has to be slightly runny so add the milk. Mix well and allow to simmer for 1 min.
Pour the creamy mix into the oven dish, place the cauliflower heat as a centrepiece, the medallions scattered around it, the mushrooms (unless already in) and scatter the finely grated Parmesan.
Place into the preheated oven. Bake at 190C/375F for 15-20 mins until the creamy sauce has reduced slightly.
Serve with the orzo or polenta and fully enjoy.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
If you are a fan of Mexican food, here is the recipe for you. The Copycat El Chico Cheese Enchiladas recipe makes the ultimate cheese… Continue reading: "Copycat El Chico Cheese Enchiladas"
Copycat Longhorn Steakhouse Mac and Cheese
Red Robin Seasoned Oven-Baked Fries
Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Browns Casserole
Empire State South Collard Greens Copycat Recipe
TGI Friday's Baked Potato Skins Copycat
Texas Roadhouse Rolls Copycat Recipe
Hashbrown Casserole Cracker Barrel Copycat
Deli Style Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
Copycat Recipes for Waldorf Chicken Salad
Pioneer Woman Potatoes Copycat Recipe
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- No Bake S'mores Bars
- Goats Cheese with Homemade Red Onion Chutney Tartlets
- Halloumi and Asparagus Quiche in Filo Base
- Swiss Chard, Salmon, Turmeric and Fresh Lovage Warm Salad with Acini DE Pepe Pasta
- Guthries Chicken and Fry Sauce
- Pub-Style French Dip Sandwiches
- Grandma's Famous Homemade Pie Crust
- Red White and Blue Brownie Fruit Pizza
- Homemade Meatball Marinara Sub Recipe
- Goat Cheese and Avocado Toasts
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat