This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Moroccan Tomato And Cauliflower Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
"This spicy and Morrocan tomato and cauliflower soup contains vegetables that boost your immune system, a bounty of vitamins and nutrients. Other delicious soup recipes you may like : Creamy mushroom soup with turmeric and thyme Potato soup with ham hock and petit pois (garden peas) 13 winter warming and comforting soup recipes ready in less than one hour Winter warming chicken soup Organic fish soup This tomato soup is a light, delicious and full of flavour soup recipe that is a must-try. "
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time40 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
- 500 ml water
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- 1 jar passata 450ml
- 2 medium onions
- 1 medium cinnamon stick or 1/4 tsp powder
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 red chili
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dukkah parsley or coriander
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper to taste
Heat the oven to 220°C / 200°C fan assisted/450F/Gas mark 7
Put the cauliflower florets into the roasting dish, season them well, scatter some cayenne pepper over, put 1 tbsp olive/coconut oil over and toss. Cook for about 15 mins till golden on edges then add the peeled onions (cut in chunks) and cook for a further 12 mins.
While veggies are still cooking in the oven, peel and crush the garlic - chop finely along with the chilli (remove nervures inside the chilli as it might be too spicy otherwise).
Pick up your soup pan and put it over heat, add the remaining olive/coconut oil, put the cinnamon stick, garlic and chilli in. Stir in for a minute or so and then add the Passata with the whole amount of water (500 ml) preferably boiling. Bring to boiling and then lower the heat and allow to simmer for about 10 mins until it slightly thickens.
Remove the cinnamon stick and add the baked vegetables (cauliflower + onions).
Season with salt and pepper to taste, give it a whizz if you don't prefer chunks.
Dish up into bowls and serve with dukkah/cumin/coriander powder scattered on top, or with some nice parsley leaves.
Read NextCopycat Popeye’s Red Beans and Rice
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Orange Nutella Pound Cake with Orange Glaze
There's simply no dessert more divine than a pound cake, and this recipe for Orange Nutella Pound Cake with Orange Glaze is such an… Continue reading: "Orange Nutella Pound Cake with Orange Glaze"
- Copycat Popeye’s Red Beans and Rice
- Better Than Luby's Ambrosia
- Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Homemade Luby's Ambrosia
- One Pot Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese
- Cafe-Style Pepper Jack Mac
- Texas Roadhouse Rolls Copycat Recipe
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Browns Casserole
- Deli Style Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Copycat Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookie
- 3-Ingredient Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Southern Ham With Red Eye Gravy Recipe
- Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Taco John's Apple Grande Copycat
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Turkey Bacon, Cheddar And Egg White Sandwich
- Perfect New York Strip Steak Oven Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat