This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Moroccan Tomato And Cauliflower Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"This spicy and Morrocan tomato and cauliflower soup contains vegetables that boost your immune system, a bounty of vitamins and nutrients. Other delicious soup recipes you may like : Creamy mushroom soup with turmeric and thyme Potato soup with ham hock and petit pois (garden peas) 13 winter warming and comforting soup recipes ready in less than one hour Winter warming chicken soup Organic fish soup This tomato soup is a light, delicious and full of flavour soup recipe that is a must-try. "
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time40 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
- 500 ml water
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- 1 jar passata 450ml
- 2 medium onions
- 1 medium cinnamon stick or 1/4 tsp powder
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 red chili
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dukkah parsley or coriander
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper to taste
Heat the oven to 220°C / 200°C fan assisted/450F/Gas mark 7
Put the cauliflower florets into the roasting dish, season them well, scatter some cayenne pepper over, put 1 tbsp olive/coconut oil over and toss. Cook for about 15 mins till golden on edges then add the peeled onions (cut in chunks) and cook for a further 12 mins.
While veggies are still cooking in the oven, peel and crush the garlic - chop finely along with the chilli (remove nervures inside the chilli as it might be too spicy otherwise).
Pick up your soup pan and put it over heat, add the remaining olive/coconut oil, put the cinnamon stick, garlic and chilli in. Stir in for a minute or so and then add the Passata with the whole amount of water (500 ml) preferably boiling. Bring to boiling and then lower the heat and allow to simmer for about 10 mins until it slightly thickens.
Remove the cinnamon stick and add the baked vegetables (cauliflower + onions).
Season with salt and pepper to taste, give it a whizz if you don't prefer chunks.
Dish up into bowls and serve with dukkah/cumin/coriander powder scattered on top, or with some nice parsley leaves.
Read NextHomemade Potato Chips Recipe
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Copycat Outback Steakhouse Shrimp on the Barbie is an amazing copycat seafood recipe that you can grill up any time of the year. It's… Continue reading: "Copycat Outback Steakhouse Shrimp on the Barbie"
- Homemade Potato Chips Recipe
- Better Than Luby's Ambrosia
- Bob Evans' Mashed Potatoes Copycat Recipe
- Knockoff Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
- Pioneer Woman Swiss Mushroom Sliders Copycat
- Cracker Barrel Fried Apples Copycat in the Slow Cooker
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe (Cracker Barrel Copycat)
- Mashed Potato Pancakes
- Deli Style Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Texas Roadhouse Rolls Copycat Recipe
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Rustic Apple Tart With Phyllo Dough Recipe
- Adding Vanilla Extract To Coffee Homemade Recipe
- Viral Chocolate Covered Blueberry Yogurt Clusters
- Barbie Milkshake Recipe
- Easy Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipe
- How To Make Quality Homemade Vanilla Extract Recipe
- Ooey Gooey Oatmeal Cherry Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
- How To Make Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe
- Chicken Drums Of Heaven
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat