This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Carrot And Butternut Squash Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"Oh, these carrot and butternut squash pancakes are my absolute top favourite treat, they taste beyond and above any pancake you've ever had, not to mention the texture, is so great! These carrot, apple and butternut squash pancakes are not the regular pancakes you'd think of. Fluffy, healthy carrot and butternut squash pancakes made with delicious spices. These pancakes are naturally sweetened and packed with yummy mix-ins like fresh ginger, walnuts and chia seeds. Top with yoghurt and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey for a wonderfully cosy breakfast! "
Preparation Time5 min
Chilling Time15 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 210 grams spelt flour (7.41 oz)
- 150 ml kefir (5.07 fl oz)
- 60 grams carrot (2.12 oz) grated on small grater
- 60 grams butternut squash (2.12 oz) finely grated
- 60 grams apple (2.12 oz) finely grated
- 50 grams walnuts (1.76 oz) toasted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 med egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon soda bicarbonate 1/2 US teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch salt kosher or pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil butter or coconut oil
Prepare all ingredients ahead to make this recipe even easier to make.
In a glass bowl, a larger one, mix most of the dry/solid ingredients. Flour, grated butternut squash, grated apple, grated carrot, chia seeds, soda bicarbonate, freshly grated ginger, freshly grated nutmeg and cinnamon powder and salt.
Pan-cook the pancakes over a medium-fire in a nonstick pan using a little brush of butter, coconut oil or olive oil.
Cook for 3-4 min on each side and use a spatula to turn them over.
When ready, place them on a plate or a tray and serve warm with some jam, homey and yogurt. See above some great serving ideas and toppings.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
The best thing about pound cake is that you can have it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. No matter the time of the day, you can always… Continue reading: "Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Starbucks Clone"
- Best Breakfast Burrito Copycat Recipe
- Healthy Homemade Entenmanns Chocolate Frosted Doughnuts
- Copycat Empress Sisi's Pancakes
- Copycat Mexican Pico De Gallo
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- Discontinued IHOP Stuffed French Toast Copycat
- 1950's Diner Hash Brown Recipe
- Kneaders Chunky French Toast Copycat
- Homemade Southern Cheese Grits Casserole
- Copycat Red Lobster Shrimp Quiche
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How To Grill Peaches Recipe
- Starbucks Copycat Iced Mocha Recipe
- Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Pesto Panini
- Easy Cheesy Creamed Corn
- Cozy Cheesy Zucchini Gratin
- Marvelously Minty Brownies
- Chicken Chipotle Pasta
- Air Fryer Hot Pockets
- Homemade Chocolate Syrup Recipe
- Easy Pineapple Curry
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat