Cheesecake Factory Pretzel Crusted Chicken Copycat
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you serve this chicken dish as an appetizer at a potluck, or as a main dish, it is sure to make your friends and family sing its praises. These chicken skewers are so delicious and easy to eat that you will no doubt return to this recipe again and again. Tender, bite-size chicken pieces are coated in a buttermilk pretzel crust and then fried to give them a perfect crispy topping. Pretzel Crusted Chicken tastes great on its own, but it is best when served with a quality, delicious dipping sauce. You can use your favorite honey mustard or ranch sauce, but we recommend our Sweet and Spicy Marmalade. We made it in our Test Kitchen to go with this delicious chicken recipe! This dish is so delicious that it is sure to convince you there's nothing boring about chicken.
Be sure that the skillet you will use to fry in is large enough to allow the skewers to be completely submerged. You will need the oil to be 2 inches deep, so depending on the size of the skillet you are using, you may need more or less than 48 ounces. If you have a 12-inch square-shaped skillet or a 14”-inch wok, those will work perfectly! If your skillet is smaller, you may want to fry first and then insert the skewers before serving.
- 9 ounces pretzels, any shape
- 1 cup Panko-style bread crumbs
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 48 ounces peanut or vegetable oil
- 36 (8-inch) bamboo skewers
- Sauces for dipping
Try making this recipe for a side dish: Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls
Prepare 3 baking sheets by lining two with foil or parchment paper and the third with a double layer of paper towel.
Crush pretzels in a plastic bag with a rolling pin or in a food processor to achieve very fine crumbs; you should have 3 cups. Combine with the bread crumbs and set aside.
Pull off the tenderloin portion of each chicken breast and cut the larger piece lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips. If necessary, flatten between two pieces of plastic wrap using a rolling pin or meat mallet so that all pieces are approximately the same thickness, about inch thick.
Place the flour into a shallow pan or bowl and add salt and pepper. Place the buttermilk in another shallow pan or bowl and put the pretzel/bread crumb mixture into a third shallow pan or bowl.
One by one, dip each chicken piece into the flour and shake off any excess, then dip into the buttermilk to coat. Roll in the crumb mixture until completely coated and then lay in a single layer on one of the bake sheets. Insert a bamboo skewer lengthwise into each of the chicken pieces. When all of the chicken has been coated and skewered, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or up to 24 hours. Remove from the refrigerator about 15 minutes before you are ready to fry them.
Place oil into a wide fry pan to a depth of 2 inches and heat to 350 degrees F. Fry about 6 pieces at a time for 3 minutes, then turn and continue to fry 3- 4 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oil with tongs and drain on the paper towel lined pan.
Place the pan into a 250 degree F oven to keep warm while repeating with the remaining skewers.
Serve while warm with dipping sauce(s) of your choice.
Get your fried chicken right every time with our tips and tricks: How to Make the Perfect Fried Chicken
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Applebee's Three Cheese Chicken Penne Copycat
P.F. Chang's Orange Peeled Chicken Copycat
Copycat Chick-fil-A Nugget Recipe
Copycat KFC Chicken Pot Pie
Copycat Chili's Crispy Chicken Tacos
Copycat Chili's Chicken Crispers
KFC Mashed Potato Bowl Replica
Copycat Grilled Chicken Street Tacos
Copycat Chili's Honey-Chipotle Chicken Crispers
Copycat Chi Chi's Chicken Chimichangas
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Classic Falafel
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastry
- Fried Ice Cream With Fruity Pebbles
- Easy Almond Macaroons
- Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Joseph Joseph M-Cuisine Popcorn Maker
- Breakfast Egg Boat with Ciabatta Bread
- Chicken Saag
- Cheese Pie Bars with Filo Pastry
- Link Love: 6 Copycat Smoothie King Recipes
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat