- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Tara Noland-Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Tara Noland is the author of Noshing With The Nolands.
Tara Noland has done many things in her life but she is now doing what she has loved for years, cooking and sharing her ideas with others. Her first career was nursing which she did for 20 years, and although she got a lot of fulfillment from it, she needed a creative outlet. That first led to a gift basket company that she had started from scratch and grew it into a huge business including a retail card and gift store which also provided promotional items and corporate card giving.
Tara’s focus started to change when their daughter arrived and after being a sales representative for a number of years she started to think of ways of being home with the family more and that has led her to eventually doing this blog.
Cooking, baking and entertaining have been a lifelong passion for Tara. She started at a very young age to bake and cook for her family. Even attempting many of Julia Child’s recipes as a young teenager and cooking meals for the family or for company. Now she loves entertaining and celebrating the holidays. Her husband Ken loves being in the kitchen creating right along with her. Her daughter has been doing cooking classes with her for a number of years and also enjoys everything that the kitchen has to offer.
She has recently done a few catering events but does the cooking and baking for even her large parties of over 100 people such as at Halloween.
She is so pleased to be able to present her blog for your enjoyment at www.noshingwiththenolands.com. She has not missed a day posting something new on her blog and continues to have great success with photos on some of the top photography sites such as Foodgawker, Tastespotting and Tasteologie to name a few. Her recipes are in Tasty Kitchen, Foodbuzz and Healthy Aperature. She has been featured a number of times in Gourmet Live’s blog for her involvement in JC100. She has been honoured a place in the celebration of what would have been Julia Child’s 100th birthday coming this Aug. 15. With JC100 she is given an assignment each week from Julia’s publisher to recreate one of Julia’s recipes. Along with restaurants and bookstores this worldwide celebration is honouring one of the greatest chefs the world has ever known.
Tara's Recipes on AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com:
Mrs. Field's Copycat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Copycat Cracker Barrel Beef Stew
Homemade Microwave Peanut Brittle
Homemade Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Super Simple Homemade Mallomars
Homemade Boston Market Cinnamon Apples
Copycat Boston Market Garlic Dill New Potatoes
Copycat Boston Market Garlicky Lemon Spinach
Restaurant-Style Mozzarella Sticks
Copycat Panera Baked Potato Soup
Copycat Panera Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Copycat Panera Bistro French Onion Soup
No Nuts and Bolt Copycat Trail Mix
Better-than-McDonald's Mango Pineapple Smoothie
Copycat Kraft Raspberry Vinaigrette
Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf
Copycat TGI Friday's Jack Daniel's Grill Glaze
Joe Montana's Touchdown Guacamole
Starbucks Copycat Vanilla Bean Frappucino
Better than McDonald's Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup
This Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup recipe is unlike any other soup you have tried before. The famous Outback recipe is a… Continue reading: "Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup"
- Stephanie Manley - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Best of the Year: Our Top 50 Copycat Recipes of 2022
- Reeni Pisano- Food Blogger
- Dorothy Kern from Crazy For Crust - Food Blogger
- Katie Clark from Clark's Condensed - Food Blogger
- Donna from The Slow Roasted Italian-Food Blogger
- Carolyn Ketchum - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Jodi Durr from Meaningful Mama - Food Blogger
- Jocelyn from Inside the BruCrew Life-Food Blogger
- Kristen Baker - Food Blogger
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Copycat Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookie
- 3-Ingredient Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Southern Ham With Red Eye Gravy Recipe
- Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Taco John's Apple Grande Copycat
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Turkey Bacon, Cheddar And Egg White Sandwich
- Perfect New York Strip Steak Oven Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat