8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Copycat Chi Chi's Chicken Chimichangas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
We love our easy dinner recipes jam-packed with flavor, and you can't go wrong with this punchy pick. Combine a bounty of spices and juicy chicken for a Mexican dinner recipe that will knock the socks off your diners. Copycat Chi Chi's Chicken Chimichangas is a dish with a complicated name that's easy to make. You'll feel like you're in your favorite Mexican restaurant when you cook up this flavorful dish.
Of course, one of the best things about copycat recipes is that sometimes you can recreate your favorite recipes in less time than it takes to drive to the restaurant. This is definitely one of those recipes! It's ready in 20 minutes flat, which is pretty stunning for a meal with this much flavor.
That speed makes the recipe versatile, too. You can serve it to guests one night and throw it together as a quick weeknight dinner the next. Whatever the case, you're sure to get rave reviews.
Sign Up for More Free Copycat Recipes
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time10 min
Make Ahead RecipeYes
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bone and shredded
- 1 can refried beans, heated
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 cup black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup jarred jalapeno slices
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- prepared taco sauce
For more Mexican-inspired faves, try our collection: 13 Chipotle Copycat Recipes
Prepare all ingredients before beginning.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Lay one flour tortilla on a countertop. On the lower third of the tortilla, layer beans, cheese, chicken, cilantro, jalapeño, salsa, and olives.
Carefully fold the side of the tortilla closest to you over the top of the mixture. Fold in the sides next and then continue to roll. Place rolled burrito on the prepared baking sheet fold side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Brush the tops of each burrito generously with the melted butter.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, flip the burritos, brush again with butter and bake an additional 5 to 8 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to serving plate and pour taco sauce over the top to serve.
Everybody needs a good recipe for Authentic Easy Mexican Rice
Popeye's Red Beans and Rice Copycat
When you can't get your hands on these chimichangas, what's your go-to Mexican restaurant food?
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Sep 11, 2020
Dont know where you came up with this recipe but it is NOT a Chi Chis chimi!! I was a manager for Chi Chis for a number of years and a chimi was NOT made in the oven, it was deep fried. A burrito was made It was oven and neither had black olives in it LMAO
njhallenberger 933 8827
Dec 02, 2020
since you were a manager would you happen to have the recipe for the seafood one with white sauce? I really loved that one
Aug 29, 2018
Loving all of the Mexican style free recipes that I am finding today. I love this food. So yummy and delicious. To make this recipe a little easier, I just bought a couple of packs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cooked them in the slow cooker all day while at work. Then finished the rest right before we ate.
Oct 23, 2017
I loved this from Chi Chi's and was so upset when they closed. This was my go to dish every time we went and now I can make it at home! Thank you so much for sharing this Copycat Chi Chi's Chicken Chimichangas. I am so so happy to see this recipe. I know what is for dinner tonight! I didn't think they were so easy to make! Wow, Thank you so much for sharing this free copy cat recipe!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Mini Meatball Sliders
If you think you need to break the bank for your gameday party food, you haven't seen this recipe for Mini Italian Meatball Subs. Why… Continue reading: "Mini Meatball Sliders"
- Grandma's Stouffer-Style Chicken and Rice Bake
- 30 Copycat Cracker Barrel Recipes
- Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- Olive Garden-Inspired Chicken Lombardy Recipe
- Applebee's Three Cheese Chicken Penne Copycat
- Olive Garden Chicken Parmesan Vino Bianco
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- One Skillet Old-Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- KFC Potato Wedges (Copycat)
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Nugget Recipe
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- 4th Of July Cookies
- Easy Copycat Wendys Frosty Recipe
- Baked Beans With Ground Beef
- Homemade Tomato Juice Recipe
- Easy Bake Smores Casserole Recipe
- Copycat Starbucks Dragonfruit Refresher Recipe
- Best Simple Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
- Easy Chicken Chop Suey Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- Dutch Bros Kicker (irish Cream Breve)
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat