Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls
Make these delicious rolls from Texas Roadhouse in your own kitchen (no bread maker required)!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
These Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls are utterly irresistible. One of the most coveted Texas Roadhouse restaurant recipes, these fluffy, buttery rolls are a delightful dinner companion. You will not be able to eat just one. These steakhouse staples are sure to make everyone happy when you serve them at your next occasion. They are just perfect for big family gatherings, such as Thanksgiving. Serve up something warm and delicious with this copycat restaurant recipe. Everyone will be saying "yee haw" by the time they finish eating them. Giddy on up and make these Texas Roadhouse rolls today!
Pair your rolls with a delicious copycat Tarheel pulled pork recipe! Featured in the video below!
Cooking Time15 min
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 7 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, plus about 1 tablespoon for brushing on finished rolls
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
While you're at it, check out this recipe for Copycat Texas Roadhouse Butter
Prepare 1 large baking sheet (half-sheet size) or two cookie sheets with rimmed edges by greasing lightly.
Warm milk in the microwave until it is just warm to the touch. While milk is heating, place yeast, warm water and 1 tablespoon of the sugar in the bowl of a heavy-duty mixer and allow to “proof” until it is foamy, about 5 minutes.
Place the remaining sugar, the honey, warm milk and 3 ½ cups flour into the mixer and using the paddle attachment, beat on medium low (setting 3 on a heavy duty mixer) for 2 minutes, scraping down sides before adding the butter, eggs and milk. Beat for another 2 minutes and scrape down again.
With the machine running on medium low, add another 2 cups of flour slowly until the dough begins to leave the sides of the bowl. Stop the mixer and let the dough stand 3 minutes.
Again on medium low, beat the dough to “knead” it for 5 minutes. Add more flour a tablespoon at a time until it just begins to hold its shape and is not too sticky.
Grease a large bowl with vegetable oil and with greased fingers, pull the dough out of the mixer bowl and into the greased bowl, rolling it in the bowl to coat the surface with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap and then lay a cloth towel over and allow to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes, or until double in size (See Note).
Lightly dust a work surface with any remaining flour and turn the dough out onto the surface. Knead the dough, pushing it down to deflate it, just until it comes together into a very smooth ball, about 1 minute. Use a rolling pin, which is lightly dusted with flour to roll the dough into a large rectangle about ½ inch thick. Pull the dough to fold it to make two layers, one inch thick. Roll again until the two layers firmly stick together. Use a sharp knife or dough scraper to cut 2-inch squares and lay them on the prepared baking sheet(s), just barely touching each other.
Cover with plastic wrap and a cloth towel again and allow to rise another hour or until double in size.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the rolls for about 25 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove the pan(s) from the oven and immediately brush the remaining tablespoon of butter all over the tops.
One good way to provide a warm place for dough to rise is inside the microwave: place 2 cups water into a measuring cup and heat until boiling, about 2 minutes. Leave the cup in the oven and place the covered bowl alongside it, close the door and set a timer for half the total rise time. At that time, remove the dough, reheat the water another 2 minutes and return the bowl to the oven until the dough is doubled. The heat and moisture will promote a good rise, and it may not take the entire time a recipe specifies, so check it near the end to see that it is double in size.
This recipe was inspired by this recipe by Allison from Cupcake Diaries: Just Like Texas Roadhouse Rolls
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
- Deli Style Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Pizza Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Easy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Lime Tortilla Chips
- Chicken Curry on Spinach and Coriander Rice
- Better Than Luby's Ambrosia
- TGI Friday's Baked Potato Skins Copycat
- Copycat Recipe for Amish Potato Salad
- Just Like Grandma’s Creamed Corn Recipe
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Browns Casserole
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Pasta With Peas And Bacon: Easy And Fast Italian Recipe!
- Avocado Donuts
- Chicken Breast Marinade
- Poppy Seed Rolls
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Baked Crispy Chicken Wings Recipe
- Broccoli Cauliflower Bacon Salad Recipe
- Starbucks Frappuccino
- Moe's Queso Recipe
- Copycat Shake Shack Burger Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat