Easy Homemade Vanilla Extract
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Vanilla extract is an essential ingredient for any cook or baker. That slight hint of vanilla flavor can make all the difference in a recipe. Now you can make your own vanilla extract at home. Although it does take some time for the vanilla extract to be ready, the authentic taste of homemade vanilla extract is worth the wait.
It only requires two simple ingredients to make this essential baking item. You'll be surprised by just how easy it is to make your own vanilla. Watch the video below for easy to follow instructions.
- 2 cups vodlka
- 5 vanilla beans
- Cut each vanilla bean lengthwise with the tip of a knife.
- Mash the beans with a rolling pin or the back of a knife.
- Fill the bottle with Vodka, just enough to cover the beans.
- Securely cover the top of the bottle. For best results, make sure that the seal is air tight.
- Store the bottle in a dark, cool place. Shake the bottle occasionally.
- Allow the vanilla beans to soak for at least six weeks for best flavor.
Watch this video for easy to follow step by step instructions:
- For more homemade ingredient recipes, check out our printable recipe collection of Easy Baking Recipes.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Homemade Baking Mix
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Tutorial
- Tips for Making the Perfect Fried Chicken
- Easy Homemade Vanilla Extract
- How to Roast Garlic
- How to Recreate Your Favorite Starbucks Drinks
- 6 Reasons You Should Dine In
- 5 Tips for Food Seasoning: Herbs and Their Uses
- Farmer Fresh: Seasonal Vegetables and Fruits in Season
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Copycat McDonald's Cherry Pie
- 11 Copycat Restaurant Seafood Recipes
- Copycat Wendy’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Copycat Dump Salsa Recipe
- Copycat Red Lobster Clam Chowder
- Copycat Red Lobster Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- Copycat Boston Market Garlic Lemon Spinach Recipe
- 10 Copycat Boston Market Recipes
- Copycat Vegetarian Pizza Rolls
- 9 Copycat Recipes for Trader Joe's Brand Items