Easy Homemade Vanilla Extract
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Vanilla extract is an essential ingredient for any cook or baker. That slight hint of vanilla flavor can make all the difference in a recipe. Now you can make your own vanilla extract at home. Although it does take some time for the vanilla extract to be ready, the authentic taste of homemade vanilla extract is worth the wait.
It only requires two simple ingredients to make this essential baking item. You'll be surprised by just how easy it is to make your own vanilla. Watch the video below for easy to follow instructions.
- 2 cups vodlka
- 5 vanilla beans
- Cut each vanilla bean lengthwise with the tip of a knife.
- Mash the beans with a rolling pin or the back of a knife.
- Fill the bottle with Vodka, just enough to cover the beans.
- Securely cover the top of the bottle. For best results, make sure that the seal is air tight.
- Store the bottle in a dark, cool place. Shake the bottle occasionally.
- Allow the vanilla beans to soak for at least six weeks for best flavor.
Watch this video for easy to follow step by step instructions:
- For more homemade ingredient recipes, check out our printable recipe collection of Easy Baking Recipes.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Homemade Baking Mix
- Tips for Making the Perfect Fried Chicken
- How to Recreate Your Favorite Starbucks Drinks
- Roasting Tomatoes at Home
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Tutorial
- Easy Homemade Vanilla Extract
- How to Make Rosemary Infused Oil
- How to Brew the Best Coffee
- How to Pick the Right Dinner Roll Recipe
- Farmer Fresh: Seasonal Vegetables and Fruits in Season
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How to Make Restaurant Style Steak at Home
- Copycat New York’s Famous Levain Bakery’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham
- Honey Orange Firecracker Shrimp
- Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- Gourmet Gift Baskets Pizza Making Gift Basket
- Totally Bamboo Pizza Cutter and Artisan Pizza Board