We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Vanilla extract is an essential ingredient for any cook or baker. That slight hint of vanilla flavor can make all the difference in a recipe. Now you can make your own vanilla extract at home. Although it does take some time for the vanilla extract to be ready, the authentic taste of homemade vanilla extract is worth the wait. It only requires two simple ingredients to make this essential baking item. You'll be surprised by just how easy it is to make your own vanilla. Watch the video below for easy to follow instructions.
Watch this video for easy to follow step by step instructions:
- For more homemade ingredient recipes, check out our printable recipe collection of Easy Baking Recipes.
- 2 cups vodlka
- 5 vanilla beans
Cut each vanilla bean lengthwise with the tip of a knife.
Mash the beans with a rolling pin or the back of a knife.
Fill the bottle with Vodka, just enough to cover the beans.
Securely cover the top of the bottle. For best results, make sure that the seal is air tight.
Store the bottle in a dark, cool place. Shake the bottle occasionally.
Allow the vanilla beans to soak for at least six weeks for best flavor.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
The best thing about pound cake is that you can have it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. No matter the time of the day, you can always… Continue reading: "Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Starbucks Clone"
- How to Recreate Your Favorite Starbucks Drinks
- How to Make the Perfect Fried Chicken
- How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- Homemade Baking Mix
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Pantry Essentials: Your Grocery List Must-Haves
- How to Make Homemade French Fries
- How to Cut a Recipe in Half
- How to Make Buttermilk
- How to Brew the Best Coffee
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Easy Chilli Garlic Shrimps
- Apple Cinnamon Crisp
- Avocado Toast Recipe
- Baingan Bharta
- Ruby Tuesday Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- Ruby Tuesday Apple Salad
- Ruby Tuesday Potato Cheese Soup
- Ruby Tuesday White Chicken Chili
- Ruby Tuesday Biscuits
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat