How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Making homemade roasted pumpkin seeds has been a fall tradition for many people for many years. This step-by-step on How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds makes it incredibly easy for anyone to make their own pumpkin seeds. If you are carving a pumpkin for Halloween or making pumpkin puree for any number of pumpkin recipes, then you will have extra pumpkin seeds on your hands and you may as well use them! The crispy, roasted seeds will be your favorite snack all season. This recipe for pumpkin seeds is incredibly simple with just butter, salt, and pepper sprinkled over the seeds. The butter gives the seeds an extra flavor boost and the simple seasoning allows the pumpkin seeds to shine on their own. This is the perfect fall activity to do with children or grandchildren. Make a few batches of these seeds and you will be snacking on them all autumn long.
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 sugar pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Remove the pumpkin seeds from the pumpkin. If you are roasting the pumpkin, you can do this by cutting the stem off and then slicing the pumpkin in half. If you are carving the pumpkin, this can be done by cutting a circle around the stem and removing the top (to be replaced after carving). Use a grapefruit spoon or hands to get all the pulp and seeds out of the pumpkin.
Throw out any pulp mixed in with the seeds and rinse the seeds until they are clean.
Place the rinsed seeds on a baking sheet and coat with the melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
Roast the seeds in the oven for 18-20 minutes. Stir the seeds midway through baking. Watch the oven carefully, as the amount of pumpkin seeds and oven temperatures vary. They are done when they are fully dried out and crunchy on the outside.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
This Chili's Monterey Chicken Copycat recipe has everything you could want in a chicken entree. It's super cheesy, perfectly seasoned… Continue reading: "Chili's Monterey Chicken Copycat"
- Easy Homemade Vanilla Extract
- How to Recreate Your Favorite Starbucks Drinks
- How to Make Homemade French Fries
- How to Roast Garlic
- How to Make Buttermilk
- Homemade Baking Mix
- How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Tutorial
- How to Cut a Recipe in Half
- Pantry Essentials: Your Grocery List Must-Haves
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Asian Meatballs
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies Recipe
- Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries
- Kfc Mac And Cheese
- Garlic Butter Mashed Potatoes
- Gluten-free Date And Walnut Snack
- Super Nutritious Choco-clusters
- Open Fish Pie With Coconut Twist
- Sugar And Bake-free Lime, Dates And Walnut Pie
- Pork and Shrimp Dumplings
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat