Copycat New York’s Famous Levain Bakery’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"If you live in New York, you probably have heard of Levain Bakery. It’s a hot spot all over the city. They have a few locations where they sell the most outrageous cookies! If you don’t live in New York and planning a visit, be sure to check out one of their locations. I happen to live on Long Island, way out in Suffolk County. It’s a little over an hour away to Manhattan. Whenever I do go, I am sure to head on over to Levain Bakery for one of their amazing cookies. The last time we were in the city, I knew it would be awhile until the next time. I couldn’t stop thinking about their famous chocolate chip cookies. Being a food blogger, I make up recipes all the time. This one was a real toughie. It took four tries until I got the texture and chewiness I wanted. Happily, the fourth try was the charm. My husband and kids loved them, and so did I. You will see the secret to get the texture. It was an A-ha moment! Just a note, I gave you a few options for the recipe. You can make them the traditional way with regular butter and sugar or lower in sugar (and I promise you, they taste just as delish), or using a vegan margarine instead of butter, go for it. You will LOVE these extra large cookies as much as we do. I just made a batch to send up to my daughter Tori up in college. Like she said, they will be gone in a blink of an eye with five roommates. Whatever option you decide to make, you will love them. Each variation is chewy, gooey and big!"
NotesEnjoy these fabulous cookies!
Serves15 large cookies
Chilling Time30 min
Cooking Time11 min
Cooking Vessel Sizecookie sheet
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
If you are a fan of Taco Bell, or if you just love Mexican food recipes, this Homemade Taco Bell Burrito Supreme recipe is for you. A… Continue reading: "Homemade Taco Bell Burrito Supreme"
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
- Trillionaire Bars
- Baked Pears Recipe
- Copycat Starbucks Summer Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
- Momofuku Apple Pie Cake Copycat Recipe
- Applebees Copycat Maple Butter Blondie
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Banana Pudding
- Copycat Recipe for Olive Garden Tiramisu
- Double Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- Sort of Like Mississippi Mud Pie
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Capresso Ultima PRO Espresso & Cappuccino Machine
- Chicken Marsala
- Dutch Apple Pie Recipe From Scratch
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Quick Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
- Copycat Applebees Quesadilla Burger
- Copycat Ruth's Mile High Biscuits
- Homemade Boston Cream Icebox Cake
- Instant Pot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Peppermint Mocha Drink
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat