- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
18 Homemade Deli Salad Recipes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Deli salads have long been a staple in American households. Whether you grew up with Grandma's chicken salad or you just can't stop yourself from taking two helpings of potato salad, these 18 Homemade Deli Salad Recipes will have something for you. Deli salad recipes come in endless varieties, and these recipes feature one of everything. Most people head to the store for prepared deli salads that are so easy to make yourself. You won't be heading to the store for a prepared container any longer. Be sure to make one of these homemade deli salad recipes for your next picnic.
Make your own deli salad and bring it to your next church supper or potluck party. The salad recipes go well with almost any meal and even kids will go wild for one of our reader's favorite recipes, Homemade Hawaiian Macaroni Salad. With just a few minutes in the kitchen, you can have one of these delectable deli salads ready to eat. Make a big batch, and you can have lunch for the whole week.
Table of Contents
Copycat Macaroni Salad Recipes
- Homemade Hawaiian Macaroni SaladThis pasta salad recipe is a must-make for any occasion. Bring it to a potluck and you will hear praise all night long.
- Sour Cream Cheddar Macaroni SaladThis creamy and delicious macaroni salad rastes like it came from your neighborhood deli.
- You'll absolutely love this macaroni salad recipe! It's so easy to make, too.
Copycat Chicken Salad Recipes
- This chicken salad recipe is world famous for a reason.
- Copycat Willow Tree Chicken SaladThis classic chicken salad recipe is just like the one from your childhood.
- Become famous with this great homemade chicken salad.
- Chicken salad fans rejoice! This delicious deli salad recipe is perfection.
- Copycat O'Carrs Chicken SaladThis spin on chicken salad makes for a great appetizer.
- Homemade Waldorf Chicken SaladThis old-fashioned chicken salad is just the thing you've been craving.
Copycat Potato Salad Recipes
- Copycat Amish Potato SaladThe Amish really know how to do potato salad right.
- Homemade Sweet Tomatoes Red, White, and Blue Potato SaladThis potato salad recipe definitely embodies the spirit of the States. A great recipe for the 4th of July!
- Copycat Bacon 'N Ranch Potato SaladIf you thought potato salad was already delicious, try adding bacon and ranch.
Other Deli Salad Recipes
- Kenny and Ziggy's Homemade Egg SaladThis egg salad recipe is so easy to make that you only need 3 ingredients to make it.
- Copycat Deli Style Pasta SaladThis pasta salad is a classic. Try it out at your next picnic!
- Deli Fresh Easy Quinoa SaladThis quinoa salad is as filling as it is delicious.
- Copycat Starbucks Egg Salad SandwichThis egg salad makes the perfect lunch.
- Panera Copycat Tuna Salad SandwichesThis tuna salad has cracked the code to the perfect balance of flavors!
- Sweet Tomatoes Copycat Broccoli Madness SaladThis recipe for Sweet Tomatoes Copycat Broccoli Madness Salad is so easy to make yourself! The salad itself is just five simple ingredients.
Sides can make or break a meal. Do your meal right with these 26 Salads and Easy Side Dish Recipes to Feed a Crowd
Read NextRamen Noodle Salad
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
Deli Style Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
This easy pasta salad recipe is perfect for any picnic or church potluck. It is easy to make, creamy, and incredibly tasty. Side dish… Continue reading: "Deli Style Hawaiian Macaroni Salad"
- Ramen Noodle Salad
- Panera Apple Chicken Salad Copycat Recipe
- Panera Copycat Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 44 Copycat Salad Recipes from Restaurants
- Applebee's Oriental Dressing Knockoff
- Copycat Portillo's Chopped Salad and Dressing
- Copycat Chili's Caribbean Salad
- Wonderful Winter Fruit Salad
- Cheesecake Factory BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
- Jason’s Deli Chicken Salad Recipe
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Crumbl Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Big Mac Casserole
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- Lumpia Filipino-style Egg Rolls
- Crispy Beef Egg Rolls In Air Fryer Recipe
- Dunkin Donuts Wake Up Wrap Copycat Recipe
- Dairy Queen Flamethrower Burger
- Copycat Dairy Queen Flamethrower Sauce
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Tomato Basil Pasta
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat