This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Roasted Leek And Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"This roasted leek and potato soup is a classic French soup perfect for having a cozy dinner on a cold night. Don't let the fact that this is a French recipe scare you, this is a super simple recipe that people will think you slaved over! Rich, creamy and smooth are words that describe this delicious soup. Everyone will be asking for seconds. Grab some bread and this soup recipe for a perfect autumn or winter meal your family will love. "
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time25 min
- 3 large leeks
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- for topping Cheese for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, optional
The first thing you’ll want to do is prepare all your vegetables so they are ready and set them aside. Start by washing your leeks and removing the roots and dark green parts.
Wash, peel, and chop the potato into 1-inch pieces.
Dice your onion, mince your garlic, and gently chop your chives.
Next, place a large stockpot over medium heat and add the butter.
Once the butter is melted, add in the onion, garlic, and leeks and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
Add in the salt, pepper, potatoes, and cayenne pepper and stir together until combined.
Cover the pot with a lid and let cook for 5 minutes so the potatoes can begin to soften.
Add in the vegetable broth and bring the soup to a boil. When boiling, reduce the heat to a low simmer for 10 minutes.
Using an immersion blender or a standard blender, blend the cooked soup mixture until smooth. Return the mixture to the pot if you use a blender.
Place the soup over low heat and slowly whisk in the cream. Cook for 3 minutes until the cream is incorporated and the soup is smooth.
Top with chives, cheese, or bacon, and enjoy!
Read NextPF Chang's Mongolian Beef Copycat
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Copycat Outback Steakhouse Shrimp on the Barbie is an amazing copycat seafood recipe that you can grill up any time of the year. It's… Continue reading: "Copycat Outback Steakhouse Shrimp on the Barbie"
- PF Chang's Mongolian Beef Copycat
- Restaurant Style Cajun Chicken
- Copycat Hard Rock Cafe Twisted Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Bangers and Mash Recipe
- 19 Copycat Outback Steakhouse Recipes
- Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Pie
- Easy Meatballs And Gravy Recipe
- Easy Pork Fried Rice
- Pasta With Peas And Bacon: Easy And Fast Italian Recipe!
- Easy Chicken Piccata
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Rustic Apple Tart With Phyllo Dough Recipe
- Adding Vanilla Extract To Coffee Homemade Recipe
- Viral Chocolate Covered Blueberry Yogurt Clusters
- Barbie Milkshake Recipe
- Easy Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipe
- How To Make Quality Homemade Vanilla Extract Recipe
- Ooey Gooey Oatmeal Cherry Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
- How To Make Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe
- Chicken Drums Of Heaven
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat