- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Kristin from Pastry Affair- Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
"I have a confession to make. I had an affair.
A pastry affair.
Allow me to explain.
A couple years ago, I studied to be an astroparticle physicist. I spent six years of my life immersed in complex equations, problem sets, and research. I didn't enjoy what I was doing, but I was good at it.
As time passed, my misery grew and I began to seek an escape from my structured life. This is the moment, the wonderful moment, when I discovered pastries. Making pastries, eating pastries, sharing pastries, dreaming about pastries...
It was a delicious affair.
I tried to stay faithful to physics (I really did), but pastries had completely captured my heart. And so I switched careers to pursue a life of butter and sugar."
Pastry Affair Blog
Kristin's Recipes on AllFreeCopycatRecipes:
Homemade Devil's Food Cake
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Bang Bang Chicken
If you've eaten takeout bang bang shrimp before, then this easy dinner recipe for Bang Bang Chicken is a must-try. What makes this… Continue reading: "Bang Bang Chicken"
- Best of the Year: Our Top 50 Copycat Recipes of 2022
- Stephanie Manley - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Dorothy Kern from Crazy For Crust - Food Blogger
- Trish Rosenquist from Mom on Timeout - Food Blogger
- Tara Noland-Food Blogger
- Jodi Durr from Meaningful Mama - Food Blogger
- Jocelyn from Inside the BruCrew Life-Food Blogger
- Reeni Pisano- Food Blogger
- Katie Clark from Clark's Condensed - Food Blogger
- Sheila G's Brownie Brittle Company
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Southern Ham With Red Eye Gravy Recipe
- Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Taco John's Apple Grande Copycat
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Turkey Bacon, Cheddar And Egg White Sandwich
- Perfect New York Strip Steak Oven Recipe
- Easy Homemade Whipped Cream
- Cheesecake Factory Meatloaf Recipe
- Easy Cheesecake Cocktail: Cheesecake Factory Copycat
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat