- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Dave's Gourmet is the result of Dave owning and managing a small restaurant called Burrito Madness near the University of Maryland. Late at night a number of Dave's patrons were usually drunk and troublesome. Quickly Dave discovered that if some of these drunks ate super hot hot sauce, then they either left or became extremely quiet. Since it worked out that the hotter the sauce, the faster drunk patrons left; Dave went on a mission to create the hottest sauce in the Universe. The end result of this mission was Insanity Sauce which Dave took to the National Fiery Foods Show in New Mexico. At the show the sauce made quite an impression and not just because of the straight jacket that Dave wore. In fact, Insanity became the only product ever banned for being too hot. Since that day over 13 years ago: Burrito Madness was sold, Dave set up Dave's Gourmet, Inc., and seventy other products have been added to Dave's Gourmet's offerings.
Dave's Gourmet's products are distributed throughout the U.S. and in several foreign countries. The excellent quality of their items has garnered the company a number of awards including a prestigious gold trophy and 6 silver trophies from NASFT (The National Association for the Specialty Food Trade). Dave's Hurtin' Habanero Mustard won a gold award the last 3 years in a row at the World Wide Mustard Festival. Dave's Gourmet has been featured in every major newspaper in the U.S. and on television shows and networks such as Good Morning America, the Today Show, Food Network, CNN, MTV and more.
Although Dave's Gourmet began with hot products that has a humorous or upbeat packaging, the company has developed into a diversified specialty food company. Dave's now produces items ranging from Organic Heirloom Pasta Sauces, Insane Drink Mixes, to Ultimate Insanity Sauce. What makes Dave's Gourmet special is the way they use fresh specialty ingredients, unique flavors and then add a slightly insane perspective to it.
Dave's Gourmet's customers include gourmet stores, gift shops, grocery stores, catalogs, restaurants, mail order and online consumers.
Dave's Gourmet Reviews on AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com:
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Civil War Macaroni and Cheese Copycat
Do you like old fashioned recipes? Do you like macaroni and cheese? Then you will absolutely love this Civil War Macaroni and Cheese… Continue reading: "Civil War Macaroni and Cheese Copycat"
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Crumbl Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Big Mac Casserole
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- Lumpia Filipino-style Egg Rolls
- Crispy Beef Egg Rolls In Air Fryer Recipe
- Dunkin Donuts Wake Up Wrap Copycat Recipe
- Dairy Queen Flamethrower Burger
- Copycat Dairy Queen Flamethrower Sauce
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Tomato Basil Pasta
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat