- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi Copycat Recipe
Learn how to make Olive Garden's shrimp scampi with this simple and delicious recipe. It also makes a great appetizer to share!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
This Copycat Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi tastes as if came straight from the restaurant. This recipe is a perfect marriage of shrimp and pasta and is one of our favorites out of all the copycat Olive Garden recipes we know.
It's versatile, too! You can easily alter this shrimp scampi recipe by substituting chicken to achieve a different, yet equally delicious scampi recipe. If you're feeling even more adventurous, try lightly breading your shrimp (or chicken) before adding it to the pasta to make Olive Garden's popular shrimp fritta recipe. Cooking with shrimp is simple and delicious, plus it hardly takes any time! You can have an elegant meal on the table in no time, which is perfect for busy nights.
The best part is the scampi sauce! Garlic and white wine really make this sauce sing with flavor. It's the perfect complement and it tastes just like it does at Olive Garden.
We know you're going to love this copycat dish. After all, most things taste even better when they're homemade!
While you're here, check out the video below for another of our favorite Olive Garden copycat recipes.
Sign up for our free email newsletter for more amazing recipes!
Preparation Time25 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 1/2 pound medium fresh shrimp, shelled
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly slivered
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Lemon and capers are optional, but add a nice flavor.
Olive Garden's most popular breadsticks can now be made in your kitchen Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks
Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi Copycat Recipe
Bring a stock pot filled with 6 quarts water and 1 teaspoon salt to the boil. Cook pasta per package directions and drain when done. Set cooked pasta aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss in the sliced onion and cook about 2 minutes, or until translucent.
Add garlic and continue to sauté, 1 minute.
Add wine slowly (may need to reduce heat slightly). Stir for 2 minutes.
Add butter, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Continue stirring.
Stir in shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink and lightly cooked. (You'll know shrimp are cooked through when there are no translucent parts of the shrimp).
Add cooked pasta to the pan and toss to coat well. Serve garnished with chopped parsley, a healthy squeeze of lemon, and capers sprinkled throughout if desired.
More Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
What's your favorite Olive Garden seafood dish?
Let us know in the comments!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Feb 26, 2019
This recipe is great for someone who doesn't like to cook (like me!). It takes under an hour to prepare and the flavors I was able to create in such a short amount of time were pretty amazing! I would definitely recommend using lemon (not just for garnish). It goes great with butter and white wine. I'd also recommend adding some capers if you like that tangy flavor.
luvmyjava66 577618 3
Jul 23, 2016
I keep reading and searching this recipe for the amount of shrimp? Is it peeled and deveined? Fresh or frozen? Help please.
Jul 25, 2016
Hello! Thank you for pointing that out. The recipe has been updated. You will be using 1 1/2 pounds of medium fresh shrimp that has been shelled. Hopefully this helps! - Chelsea, Editor
luvmyjava66 577618 3
Jul 26, 2016
Thank you so much.
Mar 04, 2016
I didn't dislike this pasta recipe, but I didn't think it had much flavor. It seems like you can definitely control the kinds of flavors you want based on your liking though, so I'll have to try again maybe using more lemon and butter. Probably more pepper flake too!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup
This Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup recipe is unlike any other soup you have tried before. The famous Outback recipe is a… Continue reading: "Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup"
- Just Like Olive Garden's Citrus Glazed Salmon
- Copycat Long John Silver's Deep Fried Fish Recipe
- Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi Copycat Recipe
- Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Shrimp Copycat
- Takeout Firecracker Shrimp
- Copycat Outback Steakhouse Shrimp on the Barbie
- Shrimp Stir-fry
- 6 Bonefish Grill Copycat Recipes
- Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp
- Homemade Baja Fresh Fish Tacos
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Copycat Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookie
- 3-Ingredient Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Southern Ham With Red Eye Gravy Recipe
- Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Taco John's Apple Grande Copycat
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Turkey Bacon, Cheddar And Egg White Sandwich
- Perfect New York Strip Steak Oven Recipe
- Easy Homemade Whipped Cream
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat