Eggs, Spicy Lamb Koftas and Salad Boats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"This eggcellent lamb, aubergine and lettuce dish is one of those that can be prepared for almost any meal in the day whether thats a brunch, lunch or dinner. Not to say what a perfect choice would be for parties. It will make a nice platter any time and for any occasion. These slad boats are topped with some boiled potatoes, baked aubergine slices and egg or lamb/mutton koftas that were sliced into two. It was a perfect dinner."
NotesThere are so many ways you can make the koftas, with onion, without onion, mixing and combining lamb with beef mince, mixing the spices as you wish or like.
This is what excites me about food and I know not everybody is the same but the fact that you get to mix ingredients and each time have a different taste in food despite cooking the same dish it’s just magnificent. I cannot tell you how bored I’d be to eat the same koftas or exactly the same dish over and over every time.
Cooking Time25 min
- 4 eggs boiled
- 3 potatoes boiled optional
- 2 gem lettuces
- 2 aubergines cut into rounds and salted
- 1 tbsp hollandaise sauce
- Parsley to garnish
- ½ pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce or chillies optional
- For the koftas:250 g lamb mince or beef
- ½ tsp ground cumin
Prepare all ingredients (salad, potatoes, eggs and aubergine) and by this I mean wash all, slice the aubergines, hard boil the eggs and boil the potatoes. This should take about 10 mins to prepare.
Put the aubergine slices into a bowl and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of salt over them. Set aside and give them a shake or a stir every now and again. After about 20 min of resting take all out and gently squeeze of any water. Fry in a nonstick pan with some oil or oil spray. Set aside.
Let’s make the koftas by taking a medium sized bowl out and literally mix all kofta ingredients including the mashed/grated garlic. I usually use a small grater or a mortar and pestle to make it a paste. Add some salt to help with the process. Mix everything well until well blended together.
Form the mixture into med sized balls and slightly flatten these between the palms to form the koftas which will look like patties or med to small sized burgers.
Place a skillet, a non stick frying pan or a griddle pan over medium heat, and add some tiny amount of oil. I used coconut oil so it doesn’t smoke that easily. I literally just brushed the bottom of the pan with coconut oil.
Cook the koftas in the pan for about 2-3 min on each side or depending on the level and the degree of doneness you wish those to be. Cooking them for 3 min on each side will result on them being medium so 1 extra minute on each side will mean well done.
When all ready, assemble the dish by breaking the salad leaves slice the boiled eggs and the potatoes and place all on a platter. First, the leaves and then scatter around the aubergine slices topped by either egg slice or a kofta. Use your imagination.
At the very end, add a little knob of hollandaise sauce on the egg slices or Sriracha sauce on the koftas. Sprinkle some parsley and the pomegranate seeds and enjoy. Super delicious.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
If you are a fan of Mexican food, here is the recipe for you. The Copycat El Chico Cheese Enchiladas recipe makes the ultimate cheese… Continue reading: "Copycat El Chico Cheese Enchiladas"
Copycat Longhorn Steakhouse Mac and Cheese
Red Robin Seasoned Oven-Baked Fries
Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Browns Casserole
Empire State South Collard Greens Copycat Recipe
TGI Friday's Baked Potato Skins Copycat
Texas Roadhouse Rolls Copycat Recipe
Hashbrown Casserole Cracker Barrel Copycat
Deli Style Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
Copycat Recipes for Waldorf Chicken Salad
Pioneer Woman Potatoes Copycat Recipe
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- No Bake S'mores Bars
- Goats Cheese with Homemade Red Onion Chutney Tartlets
- Halloumi and Asparagus Quiche in Filo Base
- Swiss Chard, Salmon, Turmeric and Fresh Lovage Warm Salad with Acini DE Pepe Pasta
- Guthries Chicken and Fry Sauce
- Pub-Style French Dip Sandwiches
- Grandma's Famous Homemade Pie Crust
- Red White and Blue Brownie Fruit Pizza
- Homemade Meatball Marinara Sub Recipe
- Goat Cheese and Avocado Toasts
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat