- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Copycat IKEA Swedish Meatballs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Copycat IKEA Swedish Meatballs taste just like the real thing found at the Swedish store. IKEA's meatballs are actually what the Swedes call Svenska Kottbullar, and they are perfect snack, appetizer, or main dish. The easy meatball recipe is made with ground beef and ground pork, giving them the perfect blend of flavor. The iconic sauce recipe is made with the leftover grease and additional beef broth. These meatballs can be made quickly and for a crowd. Bring them to your next potluck and you will be hounded for the recipe.
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 egg
- 4 whole allspice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Put the breadcrumbs in a large bowl and add 4 tablespoons of milk. Leave the breadcrumbs to absorb the milk for about 5 minutes.
Add the ground meat, grated onion, egg, allspice, salt, and white pepper to the bowl. Mix until everything is combined.
Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll it until it is round. Rinse your hands in cold water if the mixture is too sticky. Repeat until you have used up all the mixture, by which time you should have between 25 and 30 meatballs.
Heat a tablespoon of butter in a frying pan over a medium high heat.
Fry half the meatballs, shaking the pan frequently as you add them.
When they are browned, turn down the heat and cook for 10 more minutes.
Remove the meatballs from the pan and keep warm.
Add another tablespoon of butter and fry the remaining meatballs in the same way.
When the meatballs are cooked, remove them from the pan.
Add the stock and cornstarch mixture to the pan.
Stir thoroughly and then simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the soy sauce, salt, black pepper, and cream. Heat for a couple more minutes, stirring continuously.
Serve the meatballs with lingonberries or lingonberry jam, mashed potatoes, pressed cucumber, and a light coating of the creamy gravy sauce.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Oct 22, 2018
Yummy! I love this Copycat IKEA Swedish Meatballs recipe. It is easy to follow and surprisingly easy to prepare. The meatballs are moist and tasty, and the sauce is absolutely terrific. I like serving them over buttered egg noodles. Sought of like a Swedish version of Spaghetti and meatballs LOL However you serve them they are sure to please.
Nov 03, 2017
I used to love eating these whenever my family went to IKEA. Good to know that I don't need to go all the way there to enjoy them again!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Orange Nutella Pound Cake with Orange Glaze
There's simply no dessert more divine than a pound cake, and this recipe for Orange Nutella Pound Cake with Orange Glaze is such an… Continue reading: "Orange Nutella Pound Cake with Orange Glaze"
- Copycat Olive Garden Toasted Ravioli Recipe
- Cheez Wiz Copycat
- Tater Tot Nachos
- 14 Homemade Bar Food Recipes
- Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
- The Best Copycat Appetizers: 9 Easy Appetizer Recipes Free eCookbook
- Easy Chicken Nachos
- Copycat Pioneer Woman's Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
- Hooter's Copycat Fried Pickles
- Just Like Buffalo Wild Wings Buffalo Chicken Tenders
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Copycat Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookie
- 3-Ingredient Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Southern Ham With Red Eye Gravy Recipe
- Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Taco John's Apple Grande Copycat
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Turkey Bacon, Cheddar And Egg White Sandwich
- Perfect New York Strip Steak Oven Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat