We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe for Copycat Wendy's Frescata Bread is just what you've been craving! Back in 2006 and 2007, Wendy's served these delicious Frescata Club sandwiches. Unforutnately, these amazing creations are no longer served on their menu, but never fear! We have the recipe you've been waiting for. If you remember tasting one of these sandwiches, you'll remember that the star of the dish was that amazing bread. Even though this dish has been discontinued, our copycat version of these delicious ciabatta rolls is an almost perfect replica for Wendy's out-of-this-world bread. Give this recipe a try, and you'll never be buying store bought bread again!
Cooking Time22 min
- Dough Starter:
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 1 cup flour
- Ciabatta Dough:
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- Dough starter
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
To Make the Dough Starter
Prepare the dough starter by dissolving the yeast in the water in a medium sized bowl. Stir in the flour, you will have a thick paste-like dough.
With a spoon, stir the dough about forty or fifty times. This will help to build the gluten in the dough. Cover and let sit for at least 8 hours or overnight.
After the dough starter has sat for the given time, it should have big buggles on the top of the dough.
To Make the Ciabatta Rolls
Prepare the Ciabatta dough by dissolving the yeast in the water in the bowl of a stand mixer.
Using a flexible pastry scraper or spatula, scrape the dough starter into the yeast water mixture. Break up the dough start into blobs of dough.
Add the flour and salt, and stir until you have a thick, wet dough. Rest for 10-15 minutes.
Attach a dough hook to the stand mixer, and start to mix and knead the dough for 15 minutes on medium speed.
Note: Keep a careful eye on the mixer so it does not start to move off the counter.
About midway through mixing, the dough will start to pull away from the sides of the bowl and climb around the dough hook.
If this does not happen, simply speed up your mixed a notch. You may also need to stop the mixer and scrape the dough from the dough hook.
After 15 minutes, the dough should be smooth and shiny. If not, simply mix for a few more minutes.
Remove the dough hook and scape any dough attached to the dough hook into the bowl.
Cover the bowl and let the dough rise in a warm spot for 2-3 hours, until the dough has tripled in volume.
Line two baking sheet pans with parchment paper.
Dust a work surface with a good amount of flour. Using a pastry scraper or a spatula, carefully scrape the dough onto the floured surface. Dust the top of the dough with a bit more flour.
Gentyl pat the dough into a rectangle. Using a pastry scraper, cut the dough into 12 rolls about the same size. (Roughly 4 inches square.)
Carefully life the rolls with the pastry scrape onto the baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between the rolls. Dimple the dough gently with your fingertips.
Uncovered, let the rolls rest in a warm spot for 30 minutes, until they have risen and have bubbles.
Baking the Rolls:
While the rolls ar resting, heat the oven to 475 degrees F.
Note: If you are using a baking stone, place it in the oven while the rolls are resting.
Place the rolls on the parchment onto the baking stone. If you are not using a baking stone, leave the rolls that are on the parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 20-22 minutes, until golden.
Place the rolls onto a wire cooling rack to completely cool.
For more discontinued fast food items, be sure to check out our collection of 17 Discontinued Fast Food Items (And Their Recipes)
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
"Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches that are so tender and flavorful you'll feel like you're in Philly. Perfect for a crowd!… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches"
- Maple Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
- Homemade KFC Biscuits
- Texas Roadhouse Rolls Recipe Copycat
- Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits Copycat
- Copycat Parker House Crescent Rolls
- Copycat Panera Asiago Cheese Bread
- Easy Copycat Recipe for Lion House Rolls
- Copycat Wendy's Frescata Bread
- Nancy Reagan's Monkey Bread Copycat Recipe
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Copycat Recipe
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Pineapple Crab Sticks Salad
- 29 Restaurant Side Dish Recipes (Copycats to Steal the Show)
- Homemade Garlic Butter Steak and Scallops
- Easy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Spicy Pumpkin Soup With Minced Meat
- Stouffer’s Macaroni And Cheese
- Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites
- Simple Herring Pate
- Lemon Fudge
- Pineapple Bbq Chicken
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat