How to Make Buttermilk
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
This video will teach you to make buttermilk when you don't happen to have it on hand but need it for a recipe. This easy shortcut recipe for buttermilk calls for only two ingredients and is incredibly quick and easy to make. Buttermilk gives baked goods an amazing, rich flavor. Use this homemade baking ingredient to make buttermilk biscuits or a delicious buttermilk cake. Whatever recipe you choose, it's sure to taste great!
- For more homemade ingredient recipes, check out our printable recipe collection of Easy Baking Recipes.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (or lemon juice)
Add 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup milk.
Wait 15-20 minutes for it to thicken.
Store refrigerated in a lidded jar for up to one week.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
In just twenty minutes, you can have these unbelievably easy Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits sitting on your table and ready to be… Continue reading: "Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits Copycat"
- Seasonal Vegetables and Fruits in Season
- Homemade Baking Mix
- How to Recreate Your Favorite Starbucks Drinks
- Pantry Essentials: Your Grocery List Must-Haves
- How to Make Homemade French Fries
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Tutorial
- Roasting Tomatoes at Home
- How to store Pumpkin Flesh
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Dragon Frappuccino Recipe
- Caramel Frappuccino Recipe
- Appam or Sri Lankan Hoppers
- Chicken Drumsticks With Puff Pastry
- Homemade Italian Seasoning
- Butterbeer Frappuccino Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Baked Balsamic Chicken
- Guinness Shepherds Pie
- Panettone Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat