California Pizza Kitchen Copycat Butter Cake
Butter cake recipes don't get any more decadent than this!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
If you are looking for a sweet dessert to impress guests, then this California Pizza Kitchen Copycat Butter Cake is the dessert you are in search of. The butter cake recipe is a California Pizza Kitchen classic and easy to recreate at home. The butter cake recipe has a cake-y base and a cheesecake-like topping.
The two textures meld to create the perfect bite of heaven. The cake forms a gorgeous crust and golden top, making it a great dessert to serve with guests. This cake recipe is deceptively simple. You could eat it by itself or serve it up with a scoop of ice cream. You could also use it as the base of a rich and delicious strawberry shortcake, like they do at California Pizza Kitchen.
The best part of eating dinner out is the dessert! If you're taking the copycat route and making your favorite restaurant meals at home, why not make your favorite restaurant desserts, too? Whether you're making a simple butter cake or a classic copycat cheesecake recipe, dessert is sure to put a smile on your face.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time50 min
Cooking Vessel Size9-inch Round Cake Pan
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
For more great CPK classics, check out this collection: 13 Copycat California Pizza Kitchen Recipes
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper. Butter the sides and bottom of the cake pan. Take 1-2 teaspoons of sugar and sprinkle it over the bottom and sides of the cake pan.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and beat with the sugar until fluffy.
Gradually beat in the flour and baking powder until combined with the butter/sugar mixture.
Add eggs in one at a time. Beat in vanilla and almond extract. Add buttermilk and beat until the batter is light and fluffy.
Pour batter into a prepared cake pan, and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the cake is golden. It is done when a wooden skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Let cake cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Carefully invert onto a cooling rack to cool further.
Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Did You Know?
California Pizza Kitchen definitely has a unique origin. Have you ever felt the need for a major career switch? Be thankful that Rick Rosenfield and Larry Flax felt the need for one, otherwise, we wouldn't have California Pizza Kitchen! The pair were originally attorneys that decided to enter the restaurant business by focusing on California-style pizza. On March 27th, 1985 the first restaurant opened in Beverly Hills, California. The Original Barbeque Chicken Pizza that has become so popular is credited to this establishment. Thank goodness for that!
Today, California Pizza Kitchen has hundreds of locations in 16 countries and over 14,000 employees. If one of those many locations isn't near you, you can still enjoy the delicious flavor of California-style pizza with their make-at-home frozen pizzas. You can find them in the freezer aisle of most grocery stores. Also, good news for gluten free foodies: they have gluten free pizza crust, too!
What's your favorite dessert from California Pizza Kitchen?
Let us know in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Copycat Olive Garden Black Tie Mousse Cake
Cadbury Egg Inspired Easter Trifle
Cafe Style Chocolate Tiramisu Cake
Portillo's Chocolate Cake Shake Copycat Recipe
Woolworth Cheesecake Copycat
Momofuku Copycat Cornflake Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies
White Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake
Homemade "Hostess" Cupcakes
Copycat S'mores Bake
California Pizza Kitchen Copycat Butter Cake
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- BergHOFF 3-Piece Leo Pizza Set
- Pizzeria-Style Pizza Sauce
- Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Copycat Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Chili’s White Spinach Queso
- 11 Copycat Boston Market Recipes
- Copycat Boston Market Tuscan Herb Chicken
- Copycat Boston Market Meatloaf Recipe
- Copycat Cheddar's Spasagna Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat