Copycat Chili's Molten Lava Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"This dessert is a moist, chocolate cake filled with a delicious fudge sauce, topped with ice cream that has a chocolate shell on it. It is served warm and the cold ice cream is a delicious contrast."
- For the Cakes:
- 1 box Duncan Hines Fudge Cake Mix and required ingredients
- vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups Chocolate Shell ice cream topping
- caramel hot sauce
- For the Hot Fudge Sauce:
- 1 cube butter, unsalted
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Mix the cake mix according to instructions and bake in a Texas size muffin tin according to package instructions. Turn out to cool. (remember you will be eating these upside down so you'll want them level)
For the fudge, melt all of the ingredients in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue to boil and stir for two minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir for one minute. Allow the fudge sauce to cool.
Once the cupcakes and fudge are cool, use a serrated knife, at a slight angle, so carefully cut a well out of the bottom of each cake.
Fill the cake with the fudge sauce, wrap in saran wrap, and freeze for 1 hr or up to a few days.
Once you are ready to serve, heat each cake in the microwave for 35-45 seconds or until warmed through. Drizzle caramel over the cake and the plate (it really is delicious to get little bits of caramel bites).
Quickly top with vanilla ice cream and pour the chocolate shell topping over the ice cream. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
With this Just Like Jack in the Box Tacos recipe you can satisfy those Jack in the Box cravings no matter where you live. This Jack in… Continue reading: "Just Like Jack in the Box Tacos"
- Old Fashioned Hawaiian Dream Bars
- Olive Garden Copycat Lemon Cream Cake
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Banana Pudding
- Mcdonalds Apple Pie Recipe
- Trillionaire Bars
- Cream Cheese Thin Mints Recipe
- Make Your Own Krispy Kreme Glazed Donuts
- 5 Minute Cookies and Cream Fudge
- Big Eighties Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Copycat Chili's Molten Lava Cake
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Apple Coffee Cake
- Baked Lemon Chicken Breast
- White Chocolate Iced Coffee Starbucks Copycat Recipe
- Perfect Quince Jam
- Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
- Copycat Crab Rangoon
- Copycat Disney Dole Whip Recipe
- Copycat Cheddar Biscuits Recipe(red Lobster)
- How To Make Easy Homemade Pizza
- Copycat Chick-fil-a Sauce
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat