Copycat Chili's Molten Lava Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"This dessert is a moist, chocolate cake filled with a delicious fudge sauce, topped with ice cream that has a chocolate shell on it. It is served warm and the cold ice cream is a delicious contrast."
- For the Cakes:
- 1 box Duncan Hines Fudge Cake Mix and required ingredients
- vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups Chocolate Shell ice cream topping
- caramel hot sauce
- For the Hot Fudge Sauce:
- 1 cube butter, unsalted
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Mix the cake mix according to instructions and bake in a Texas size muffin tin according to package instructions. Turn out to cool. (remember you will be eating these upside down so you'll want them level)
For the fudge, melt all of the ingredients in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue to boil and stir for two minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir for one minute. Allow the fudge sauce to cool.
Once the cupcakes and fudge are cool, use a serrated knife, at a slight angle, so carefully cut a well out of the bottom of each cake.
Fill the cake with the fudge sauce, wrap in saran wrap, and freeze for 1 hr or up to a few days.
Once you are ready to serve, heat each cake in the microwave for 35-45 seconds or until warmed through. Drizzle caramel over the cake and the plate (it really is delicious to get little bits of caramel bites).
Quickly top with vanilla ice cream and pour the chocolate shell topping over the ice cream. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Homemade Fudgesicles
- Cheesecake Factory Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Homemade Funfetti Mix
- Delicious Caramelized Upside Down Apple Cake
- Apple, Carrot and Zucchini Cake with Ginger and Turmeric
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
- Apple and Walnut Pizza
- Dutch Apple Pie Recipe From Scratch
- Dump and Go Cake Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Chocolate Coca Cola Cake Recipe
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Alfredo Chicken
- Spring Onions Kootu
- Almond Apricot Energy Balls
- Copycat Brownie Brittle
- Copycat Entenmann's Chocolate Pound Cake
- Copycat Restaurant Style Chicken Fried Rice
- Spicy Pickled Asparagus
- Crispy Vendakkai Fry
- Homemade Chicken Tetrazzini
- Garlic Chicken Pasta With Prosciutto
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat