This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Easy Elderflower Cordial
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"This elderflower cordial is such a refreshing drink, all naturally made, with no boiling involved, no citric acid added and it can be made fizzy by allowing it to naturally ferment. You can have it totally nonalcoholic or add some prosecco, gin or vodka to get the party started but then, it will no longer be cordial. Haha! Get ready to make this refreshing cordial drink to treat your family and friends as an everyday drink or it can make the perfect gathering nonalcoholic beverage "
Preparation Time15 min
- 1 litre water spring bottled water still or sparkling
- 5-10 medium elderflower blossom heads freshly picked or dried *
- 2 large lemons one for the rind and juice and one to slice
- 100 g cane brown sugar or 2-3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 inch fresh ginger root sliced/ optional
Wash thoroughly the elderflower heads - see notes on how to wash these thoroughly
Pour the water into the drink dispenser or the large jug.
Add the sugar or the honey. Mix well until dissolved.
Add the thoroughly washed elderflower blossomed heads. Mix again.
Add the lemon juice, lemon rind and lemon slices. Stir again with a wooden or silicon spoon/ spatula.
Allow it to start fermenting on a counter by placing it in the sun. It will be ready in one to three days, all depending on how warm and sunny your kitchen is.
Once it's starting to get fizzy, strain it and store it in a glass bottle in the refrigerator.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
You're going to thank your lucky stars for this dreamy and decadent dessert recipe. Inspired by one of the most popular chain… Continue reading: "Copycat Texas Roadhouse Big Ol' Brownie"
- Panera-Inspired Blood Orange Lemonade Recipe
- Copycat Starbucks Dragon Drink
- The Best Mango Sangria
- Frozen Cafe Au Lait Just Like Cafe Du Monde
- 34 Brand Name Drink Recipes
- Copycat Olive Garden Peach Tea
- 20+ Copycat Starbucks Drink Recipes and More
- 7 Copycat Smoothie King Recipes
- Copycat Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee Recipe
- Copycat Olive Garden Italian Cream Soda
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Amazing Marinade For Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake Mix Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- Lava Cake In A Mug
- Tomato And Polenta Dumplings Soup
- How To Cook Frozen Hamburgers In The Oven
- No-bake Cherry Bomb Cookies
- Strawberry Scones
- Easy Elderflower Cordial
- Watermelon Ice Cream Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat