- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Donna from The Slow Roasted Italian-Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Hi! I’m Donna the author of The Slow Roasted Italian. I am writing to you from my favorite room in the house, my delightful kitchen.
My kitchen is where the heart of our home beats. It is where I dance with Em (my 2 1/2 year old daughter) early in the morning while Chad is getting ready for the day. It is where we gather for family dinners and talk about our day. The kitchen is where I plan and prepare fabulous meals for my family and explore culinary pleasures with them.
I love cooking for my family and friends. It is such an expression of love to create these amazing meals for them and I delight in watch them dig in. I have many passions in my life: my family, friends, food and music. It is much better when they all come together. I absolutely love hosting parties for my family and friends with great food and music. I have found that I would prefer to be in the kitchen cooking and making sure everyone is having a good time rather than mingling at a party. This passion for family and food has led me to the creation of this blog.
Well a little more about me: I am a spicy Italian born in New York. I grew up in the sunshine state and then was transplanted to the Southwest where I met my best friend and husband 15 years ago. Although I miss my family, I can’t imagine life with anyone else, anywhere else. I fly around with my head in the clouds. Chad is my Earth, the Yin to my Yang, he grounds me. Then there was our munchkin (our daughter) she completes our universe. She is our sun, she lights us up and most days our life revolves around her.
The Slow Roasted Italian Blog
Donna's Recipes on AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com:
Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
Maid-Rite Loose Meat Sandwich Copycat
Olive Garden Copycat Salad Dressing
Jack Daniels Double Kick Pork Chops Copycat
Olive Garden Copycat Alfredo Sauce
McDonald's Fried Apple Pie Copycat
Boston Market Sweet Potato Casserole Copycat
Applebee's Copycat Spicy Queso Blanco
Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Copycat
Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole Knockoff
20 Minute Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
2 Ingredient Homemade Magic Shell
Olive Garden Copycat Chicken Parmesano Vino Blanco
Better Than Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
Frozen Cafe Au Lait Just Like Cafe Du Monde
Imitation Red Robin Campfire Sauce
Better Than Wendy's Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Cadbury Egg Inspired Easter Trifle
30 Minute Chicken and Dumplings
Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Orange Nutella Pound Cake with Orange Glaze
There's simply no dessert more divine than a pound cake, and this recipe for Orange Nutella Pound Cake with Orange Glaze is such an… Continue reading: "Orange Nutella Pound Cake with Orange Glaze"
- Best of the Year: Our Top 50 Copycat Recipes of 2022
- Stephanie Manley - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Katie Clark from Clark's Condensed - Food Blogger
- Amber Brady - Food Blogger
- Top 10 Copycat Recipes of January 2013
- Corner Bakery Cafe
- Maeghan Lovejoy-Food Blogger
- Yammie from Yammie's Noshery-Food Blogger
- Trish Rosenquist from Mom on Timeout - Food Blogger
- Carolyn Ketchum - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Copycat Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookie
- 3-Ingredient Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Southern Ham With Red Eye Gravy Recipe
- Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Taco John's Apple Grande Copycat
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Turkey Bacon, Cheddar And Egg White Sandwich
- Perfect New York Strip Steak Oven Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat