16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Glenna Muse-Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Glenna Muse, author of A Fridge Full of Food…and Nothing to Eat blog, was raised by two professional cooks, her mother and her grandmother. From her Grandmother, who ran the Jupiter lunch counter in downtown Springfield for twenty fives years, she learned organization, meal planning, and the blessings of gardening. From her mother, also a Jupiter lunch counter manager and mother of five, she learned creativity on a frugal budget, cake decorating, and that good food doesn’t come out of a box.
The experience she gained as sergeant-in-arms in her mother and grandmother’s kitchens led her into a first career as a hotel convention and banquet planner where she spent most of her time hanging out in the kitchens driving the chefs crazy with questions and learning the mechanics behind planning meals for small groups to large conventions with banquets. Her second career in respiratory therapy brought a new focus to Glenna in a “food as medicine” philosophy. The body, in its most miniature form, is composed of cells and the health and structure of those cells is absolutely made up of the foods and beverages consumed. We are literally what we eat.
Glenna’s food style is eclectic, believing that life is too short to miss out on anything. While the dominant portion of her cooking revolves around fresh, real, from-scratch recipes, she also occasionally indulges in pop culture favorites and anything that makes her smile (think fried Twinkies).
Glenna has been published in The Old Farmer’s Almanac, Yankee Magazine, The Dabbling Mum, University of Oklahoma’s School of Medicine Literary Journal, Chicken Soup for the Nurse’s Soul—Second Dose, and has a book of Preemie-through 1 year old baby knitting patterns, titled Warm Hats for Wee Noggins, available through Leisure Arts Inc and Amazon.com, with supporting blog Knitting for the NICU. She lives in Springfield, Missouri with her husband, where she works as a respiratory therapist, charity knitter for local NICU’s, and freelance writer. She is currently designing another Preemie knitting pattern book and is writing her first novel.
A Fridge Full of Food...and Nothing to Eat Blog
Knitting for the NICU
Recipes from Glenna on AllFreeCopcyatRecipes.com:
Homemade "Hostess" Cupcakes
Springfield-Style Cashew Chicken
Copycat Joe's Crab Shack Mahi Mahi
Homemade Baklava Bars
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Starbucks Clone
The best thing about pound cake is that you can have it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. No matter the time of the day, you can always… Continue reading: "Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Starbucks Clone"
- Best of the Year: Our Top 50 Copycat Recipes of 2022
- Stephanie Manley - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Yammie from Yammie's Noshery-Food Blogger
- Corner Bakery Cafe
- Trish Rosenquist from Mom on Timeout - Food Blogger
- Carolyn Ketchum - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Averie Sunshine - Food Blogger
- Maeghan Lovejoy-Food Blogger
- Christy Denney - Food Blogger
- Mackenzie from Cheerios and Lattes- Food Blogger
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Copycat Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookie
- 3-Ingredient Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Southern Ham With Red Eye Gravy Recipe
- Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Taco John's Apple Grande Copycat
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Turkey Bacon, Cheddar And Egg White Sandwich
- Perfect New York Strip Steak Oven Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat