- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Jodi Durr from Meaningful Mama - Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Meaningful Mama is a place to come for inspiration. Find inspiration in your parenting, in your culinary endeavors, in your crafting, in your Christian walk, in your life.
I started Meaningful Mama because being a mom is hard. I was living life in a bunch of "I should" moments. I should really put a system in place for dealing with that behavior. I should really stop playing “Words with Friends” so much and learn to be present. I should really work on developing character in my children and teach them more about God and what his word says.I should really embrace the mess and the moment and make mud pies or meals or cookies or crafts with my kids.
As my list of “I should…” seemed to grow so did my desire for motivating myself. I wanted to be more intentional. I wanted to be more meaningful. So, I launched my website to inspire myself and hopefully motivate others on the journey. Parenting is a passion, and I am a student. As I learn or find what works for me, I pass it along. I also believe food brings people together, so part of what I do is offer recipes to my readers. Some are easy mom meals and some are more involved, but both offer great opportunities for culinary enjoyment. I thank you for taking time to visit my corner of the web to experience activities, crafts, recipes, holiday ideas, parenting tips, cakes, parties and more. Be inspired. Be meaningful.
Meaningful Mama Blog
Jodi's Recipes on AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com:
Make Your Own Starbucks Vanilla Syrup
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff
This Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff recipe is rich and creamy in all the right ways. It will take you longer to drive to the… Continue reading: "Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff"
- Best of the Year: Our Top 50 Copycat Recipes of 2022
- Stephanie Manley - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Tara Noland-Food Blogger
- Donna from The Slow Roasted Italian-Food Blogger
- Averie Sunshine - Food Blogger
- Katie Clark from Clark's Condensed - Food Blogger
- Carolyn Ketchum - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Reeni Pisano- Food Blogger
- Carrie Farias - Food Blogger
- Top 10 Copycat Recipes of January 2013
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Best Simple Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
- Easy Chicken Chop Suey Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- Dutch Bros Kicker (irish Cream Breve)
- Copycat Frappuccino Or Frappé
- Hazelnut Latte
- Crumbl Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Big Mac Casserole
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat