Southern Italian Desserts Cookbook Review
By: Arielle Matlin, editor for AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Southern Italian Desserts: Rediscovering the Sweet Traditions of Calabria, Campania, Basilicata, Puglia, and Sicily
By: Rosetta Costantino
Provided by Ten Speed Press
Reviewed by Arielle Matlin, editor of AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com
Southern Italian Desserts is so much more than just a cookbook. The collection of dessert recipes is insightful and filled with tips on how to create masterpiece desserts in your home kitchen. Whether you are an experienced pastry maker or giving baking your first shot, you will find this cookbook helpful. There are not many books on the same topic in English and the author truly makes it easy to find the Italian in all of us. These Italian dessert recipes are sure to impress guests!
Southern Italy is known for its inspiring food & culture. The book has a strong connection to history and geography. The author provides an introduction to the region and cuisine, as well as a list of key ingredients. The book is then broken down by region. The recipes are put into a historical, personal, and cultural context with the author's brief recipe introductions. A helpful conversion chart is also included in back to help you cook these recipes as well as future recipes. This is a book worth keeping on the shelf.
The recipe highlights include cannoli, cookies, and pastry creams. A personal favorite is the recipe for the Sicilian Cannoli (pg. 53). The shells are made with cocoa powder, the ricotta is speckled with chocolate chips, and a strip of candied orange peel lays across the finished cannoli. Another great recipe is for the Chunky Almond Biscotti (pg. 153). This classic biscotti recipe is one you will always keep in your back pocket. Plenty more must-make recipes grace the pages of this work.
This cookbook is visually stunning. Colorful dessert recipes are featured throughout the book alongside vibrant pictures of Italy. This cookbook provides easy-to-follow recipes, a nice read, and it makes a perfect book for your coffee table. Southern Italian Desserts is the ultimate gift for a foodie friend or family member.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- The Everything Restaurant Recipes Cookbook Review
- Four-Cookbook Prize Package Giveaway Review
- Hello, Jell-O! Cookbook Review
- Peanut Butter Comfort Cookbook Review
- Southern Italian Desserts Cookbook Review
- The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook Review
- The Unofficial Mad Men Cookbook Review
- Better Homes and Gardens 365 30-Minute Meals Cookbook Review
- Skinny Smoothies Cookbook Review
- The Chopped Cookbook Review
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How to Make Restaurant Style Steak at Home
- Copycat New York’s Famous Levain Bakery’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham
- Honey Orange Firecracker Shrimp
- Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- Totally Bamboo Pizza Cutter and Artisan Pizza Board
- 6 Copycat Panera Soup Recipes