Chilli Con Meatballs a La Ramona’s Cuisine
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"BEEF DINNER LUNCH MAIN DISHES MEAT AND POULTRY RECIPES CHILLI CON MEATBALLS A LA RAMONA’S CUISINE Jump to Recipe - Print Recipe FacebookTwitterWhatsAppYummly We love, love, LOVE chilli corn carne, don’t you? We also love meatballs and are kind of addicted to those so I thought why not chilli corn meatballs? I have to confess, the first time I made this, quite a few years back, I made it with ready bought Swedish meatballs that we used to love but…. they were ready made. Not to be compared in the slightest with the homemade ones. Any meat can be used and I do sometimes use turkey mince or chicken that I mince myself manually by using a meat mincer."
Notes*If you cannot chop the onion superfine then it’s best to cook it and SoftNet prior to putting it into the meat you really don’t want big chunks of onion in those meatballs. The other option is to grate the onion on the small holes of the grater. This option might end up with some serious crying though ?. I’ll leave it for you to decide.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time45 min
- For the meatballs:400 g mince meat I use beef 5%
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg whole
- 1 egg yolk
- Few springs of herbs thyme, parsley, marjoram
- For the Sauce: 400 g red kidney beans 1 can
- 400 g chopped tomatoes 1 can
To make the meatballs: Use a bigger bowl into which you need to put the mince meat, super finely chopped onion * (see recipe notes) together with all the other ingredients for the meat balls listed above which are the potato (finely grated and squeezed slightly to reduce the juice slightly),
2 cloves of garlic crushed and finely chopped, freshly ground black pepper, the whole egg and the yolk and the fresh and/or dry herbs (thyme, parsley, marjoram)
Sauce and dish prep : Prepare your vegetables by washing all all, peel the onion and the garlic. Chop the onion and dice the pepper by first cutting it into half lengthways, remove the stalk and shake the seeds away, then chop. Finely dice the celery by cutting the sticks into 2-3 strips lengthwise then chop. Do the same with the leek. Crush and finely chop the garlic cloves.
Place a deep pan on the hob over a medium heat, add the olive oil, allow it to heat up for about 30 seconds, add the chopped onions and cook for 3-4 min stirring a few times until the onions are soft, slightly squidgy and begin to become translucent.
Tip in the garlic, the red pepper, the hot or mild chilli powder, the paprika and the ground cumin. Give it a good old stir, then leave it to cook for another 4 minutes, stirring every now and again.
Crumble 1 beef stock cube into 150ml hot water. Pour this into the pan where the semi cooked vegetables are.
Open the chopped tomatoes can and add these to the veggies along with the dried marjoram, honey, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and the tomato purée. Stir well.
Allow the sauce to simmer gently for about 10 minutes. Preheat the oven at 200°C.
Add the beans and the fresh herbs and transfer the sauce into 1 or into 4 individual oven proof dish/es. Sink all or 4-5 meatballs into each dish.
Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
Take out of the oven, add the shredded cheddar cheese and place back in the oven for an extra 10 min.
If you choose not to use the cheddar cheese, serve with soured cream alongside plain, long grain boiled rice.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
This Chili's Monterey Chicken Copycat recipe has everything you could want in a chicken entree. It's super cheesy, perfectly seasoned… Continue reading: "Chili's Monterey Chicken Copycat"
Creamy Waldorf-Astoria Salad Copycat Recipe
El Pollo Loco BBQ Black Beans (Copycat)
One Pot Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese
Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries Copycat
Cafe-Style Pepper Jack Mac
Longhorn Steakhouse Parmesan Encrusted Asparagus Copycat
Copycat Longhorn Steakhouse Mac and Cheese
Chipotle Guacamole Copycat
Pioneer Woman Potatoes Copycat Recipe
Cheesy Baked Broccoli Tots
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Lekue LunchBox To Go
- Roast Pork in a Bath of Beer and a Bed of Mixed Onions
- Totally Scrumptious Waffles
- Restaurant-Style Hunan Chicken Recipe
- Homemade Broccoli Chicken Fritters
- Little Potato Charred Corn Salad
- Ox Tongue Goulash
- Orange Jelly Mini Cakes
- Banana, Ginger and Walnut Cake
- Grilled Salmon Pasta Salad
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat