Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks
With this recipe for Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks, you can truly have unlimited breadsticks at home (without a bread machine)!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Olive Garden has the best breadsticks recipe around, and now you can too, with this recipe for Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks. These soft, buttery breadsticks with a hint of salt complement any main dish, soup, or salad to perfection. The garlic flavor is from the garlic butter glazed on top.
This breadsticks recipe is shockingly easy to make with just a few pantry ingredients. Friends and family won't believe you can make your own breadsticks that taste so good. You may even start making these homemade breadsticks for every meal! Do not miss this breadstick recipe. It's one of the best Olive Garden recipes around.
These easy breadsticks are the best side dish to serve with any Italian meal, and they are so simple to make that you'll be tempted to make them again and again. Since the recipe makes 16 breadsticks, these copycat breadsticks are a great choice to bring to potlucks and large family dinners. Everyone will enjoy them.
- 1 1/2 cup warm water (90 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast (slightly more than 1 packet)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 4-5 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or coarse Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Need a salad to go with your breadsticks? Never fear! We've got a recipe for that: Copycat Olive Garden Salad Recipe
Place warm water, sugar, and yeast into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and let stand for 10 minutes. It will be thick and frothy. Mix briefly, then add salt, butter, and gradually add 2 cups of flour, mixing on low for 2 minutes. Slowly add about 2 cups of the remaining flour, more if necessary to get a dough that begins to clump on the mixer paddle and pull away from the sides of the bowl. Continue to mix on low for 5 minutes to knead the dough.
Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set in a warm place for 1 hour or until it doubles in size. (See notes below.)
Lightly sprinkle work surface and your hands with some of the remaining flour and scoop the dough onto the surface. Cut the dough in half and roll each half into a log shape, then cut each log into 8 equally sized pieces. On the work surface, roll each dough piece with your palms into a roll about 8 inches long and 1 inch thick. Place on cookie sheets which have been lined with parchment paper, leaving about 2 inches between each bread stick.
Cover again with plastic wrap and allow to stand in a warm place for 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Meanwhile melt the butter, and just before baking brush the bread sticks with butter and sprinkle with sea salt or coarse Kosher salt. Bake for about 15 minutes, until they are just beginning to brown.
Add the garlic powder to the remaining butter and brush the bread sticks. Serve while warm with marinara sauce if desired for dipping.
Kitchens are different temperatures and sometimes have drafts blowing. The raising dough needs a constant temperature around 70-80 degrees F. One way to do this is in a modern kitchen is to put a bowl with 2 cups water into the microwave and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes. Leave the bowl of water in the microwave and add the covered bowl of dough alongside it. Close the door and the warm steamy interior will encourage the dough to rise properly.
Looking to make this recipe vegan and dairy-free? Because this recipe has no eggs, it can easily be adapted to your diet. Just replace the butter in the recipe with your favorite plant-based butter substitute, and you can enjoy these breadsticks with the guilt on the side.
Can't get enough Olive Garden? Check out these 30 Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
How many breadsticks can you eat when they're unlimited?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Browns Casserole
- Homemade KFC Coleslaw
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Biscuits
- Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks
- Pioneer Woman Swiss Mushroom Sliders Copycat
- Deli Style Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Ruby Tuesday's White Cheddar Smashed Potatoes
- Chipotle Guacamole Copycat
- Creamy Waldorf-Astoria Salad Copycat
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How to Make Restaurant Style Steak at Home
- Copycat New York’s Famous Levain Bakery’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham
- Honey Orange Firecracker Shrimp
- Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- Gourmet Gift Baskets Pizza Making Gift Basket
- Totally Bamboo Pizza Cutter and Artisan Pizza Board