This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Easiest Chicken Thighs Recipe With Broccoli Salad
"This skillet stove top cooked chicken thighs recipe and the raw broccoli salad combo has to be one of the best chicken thighs recipe you will ever try, it is simple to make, it’s healthy, so refreshing and absolutely delicious. The chicken thighs are perfectly golden, tender, juicy and I did cook them with the skin and bone on (only trimmed the extra fat that was visible), they make that perfect easy, quick and super delicious family meal. Perfect for a midweek quick lunch or dinner when time isn’t on our side (it never really is, is it? ) when you want something quick and the chicken sears nicely on the stove, while you make the nice and healthy broccoli salad to go on as a gorgeous side. "
Notes• Once the chicken thighs have completely cooled transfer these either into an airtight container or in a freezer bag.
• Label the container or the bag with the date this was placed into the freezer, a name to know later what it is and place it in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time20 min
- For the chicken thighs:8 medium chicken thighs skin and bone on
- 1 tsp salt Himalayan or Kosher
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 glass white wine (125 ml) or more
- 3-4 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 6 spring onions (scallions)
- For the broccoli salad:1 small broccoli head cut into small florets
- 1 cup mixed sprouts ( i used mung beans, sunflower and red split lentil sprouts
- 4 spring onions /scallions
- 2 cloves garlic grated or crushed and finely chopped
- 1 large avocado
- 10 radishes or less if they are larger
- 1 large tomato or 3 medium tomatoes
- 15 sprigs parsley (fresh) finely chopped
- 10 small sprigs (3 tbsp) dill chopped
- 1 handful pumpkin seeds raw or toasted
- 1 pinch salt I used celery salt
- 1 pinch black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil drizzle over
- 1/2 med lemon (juice) feel free to use some jest too if you like
Place the large skillet over medium heat. Allow it to heat well.
Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place these in the hot skillet skin down. Cook for a good 4 minutes covered with a lid.
While the chicken is cooking, start preparing the salad by adding all the salad ingredients into a larger bowl. Mix, season, drizzle the olive oil and set aside until ready to serve.
Turn the chicken thighs over and cook for a further 3 min.
Add the crushed garlic, the wine and cook for a further 10 minutes covered.
Serve both with a good squeeze of lemon juice and enjoy!
Read NextCopycat Taco Pasta Salad Recipe