- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Olive Garden Minestrone Copycat Recipe
Perfect for a fall day, this Olive Garden soup recipe tastes just like the original!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Homemade Olive Garden Minestrone is one of the tastiest and heartiest restaurant soup recipes, packed with peas, beans, carrots, and more great ingredients. If you're looking for a copycat soup recipe that packed with nutrients, you've hit the jackpot with this one. The minestrone soup recipe is quick and easy to make!
Make a large batch of this soup and you can enjoy it for lunch and dinner all week long. Serve this soup to your family and they will finally stop begging you to go to Olive Garden.
On a cold, fall day or a chilly, spring afternoon, there's nothing better than one of Olive Garden's classic soup recipes. But sometimes you just feel like staying inside and enjoying the comfort of your own home. With this recipe, you can do just that and still get a delicious and hearty soup that will have the whole family coming back for seconds.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushes tomatoes
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth (you can use vegetable broth if desired)
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
For more Olive Garden classics, be sure to check out our Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi Copycat Recipe
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute the onion until translucent.
Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
Add the celery, carrot, and zucchini and cook about 5 minutes.
Stir in the dried oregano, basil, salt and pepper and cook 2 more minutes.
Add chicken broth to the pot, the diced and crushed tomatoes and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in kidney, cannellini beans, and the pasta, and cook until the pasta is tender about 10-15 minutes.
Season with additional salt to taste.
Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
We have so many copycat Olive Garden recipes to choose from that you will be able to enjoy delicious Italian food right in your own kitchen! This collection will please everyone in your family: 34 Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
Parmesan Zucchini Bites
What's your favorite Olive Garden recipe?
Let us know in the comments!
Read NextOlive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
usofajeanne 394741 3
Oct 06, 2017
Ingredients 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1/3 cup white vinegar 1 teaspoon vegetable oil 2 tablespoons corn syrup 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese 2 tablespoons Romano cheese 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes 1 tablespoon lemon juice Instructions Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix well. Place in a container and keep refrigerated for up to a week.
Feb 16, 2017
This copycat recipe sounds like it would be easy to put together quickly for a quick, hearty meal during a busy week. I bet it would taste better the second day too, as many soups and stews do. Adding a nice salad and loaf of bread or breadsticks like Olive Garden serves would make a very nice meal indeed!
Jan 18, 2016
he recipe say 1 (28 oz) can no salt added diced Diced what?
AllFreeCopycat Edi tor
Feb 05, 2016
1 can no salt diced tomatoes. Thanks for bringing that to our attention! We've updated the recipe ingredients.
Nov 05, 2015
I enjoyed this soup, but I thought it could have used a bit more flavor.
Nov 05, 2015
Very filling and delicious! Perfect comfort food for the upcoming cold weather in the Midwest.
Nov 05, 2015
This soup was hearty in all the right ways. This is the perfect soup for a chilly day.
amatlin72114 11140 13
Jul 21, 2014
Here is a link to our version of Olive Garden's House Dressing. http://goo.gl/X1h1AR. We hope this what you were looking for. Enjoy! -Editors of AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com
Jul 20, 2014
I see you advertise Olive Garden's salad dressing in a number of places in your ads but can't find it anywhere in the substance of your ads for subscriptions!! JToomey
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Orange Nutella Pound Cake with Orange Glaze
There's simply no dessert more divine than a pound cake, and this recipe for Orange Nutella Pound Cake with Orange Glaze is such an… Continue reading: "Orange Nutella Pound Cake with Orange Glaze"
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff
- Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup
- Macaroni Grill Copycat Pasta Milano Soup
- Restaurant Style Mushroom Potato Chowder
- Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup Copycat
- One Pot French Onion Soup
- Wendy's Chili Knockoff
- Bennigan’s Ultimate Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- Copycat Applebee's French Onion Soup Recipe
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Copycat Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookie
- 3-Ingredient Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Southern Ham With Red Eye Gravy Recipe
- Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Taco John's Apple Grande Copycat
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Turkey Bacon, Cheddar And Egg White Sandwich
- Perfect New York Strip Steak Oven Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat