This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat
- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Tomato And Polenta Dumplings Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
"This tomato and polenta dumplings soup is so refreshing, light and packed with antioxidants and vitamins, a real winter warmer or a summer soul-hugger like I always say. It is a beautiful vegetarian dish, can easily be made vegan, it is gluten-free too. This particular soup I'd rate as the best tomato soup perfect also for a low-calorie diet. Makes a great refreshing soup option to eat in the summer enjoyed cold. A light tomato soup with polenta dumplings with plenty of roasted vine tomatoes, classic vitamins and an antioxidant-packed soup for every day. "
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time45 min
- 900 grams vine tomatoes (31.75 oz) (organic)
- 1 liter water ( 34 fl oz) (or vegetable stock)
- 2 small carrots (organic)
- 4 cloves garlic (organic)
- 2 peppers (red) (organic)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 500 milliliters water (17 fl oz) (use a kettle to boil)
- 150 grams polenta flour (1.2 cups /5.3 oz) dry, fine or coarse
For the Soup
Preheat oven at 180 C/ 350 F/ Gas Mark 4.
Peel and wash all the vegetables. Peel only 2 garlic cloves the rest leave them skin on.
Cut tomatoes into quarters or halves, finely chop half rosemary, peppers and onions cut into chunks, 2 cloves of garlic (leave the skin on). Put all in a baking tray, toss them and sprinkle some salt, drizzle olive oil and freshly grind some black pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 25-30 min. At this point, you can increase the oven temperature to 200 C/ 400 F/ Gas mark 6 if you wish. Don’t forget to sprinkle the balsamic vinegar if you choose to add it. It’s really nice I do recommend you try it.
Begin preparing the polenta. (See below)
Place all the roast veggies into a cooking pot, over medium heat. Don’t forget to squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skin before adding the liter of boiling water or veggie stock. With the help of an electric hand blender, blend it all nicely until it becomes nice and smooth.
Season well. Place on med/high heat and simmer for another 15 min. This is what will give this soup a nice deep color and a rich taste.
For the Polenta
While the vegetables are roasting, place a medium-sized pan over medium heat and put the 500 ml boiling water from the kettle in. Add some salt and the remainder of the rosemary needles, finely chopped.
When the water begins to boil again, sprinkle in the polenta flour little by little while stirring continuously with the other hand (with a wooden spoon) until it all goes in. Keep on stirring so that it doesn't form a crust. This should be ready in 5-7 min.
Form the polenta into spoonful-sized dumplings and spoon them into the soup. Cook for 5 extra minutes if you wish.
Looking for more delicious meal ideas? Get free recipes sent directly to your inbox everyday!
Click here to subscribe to the AllFreeCopycatRecipes newsletter
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper
"Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper is a quick and easy cheesy pasta that tastes like your favorite pizza and its ready to eat in just… Continue reading: "Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper"
- Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Recipe
- Poor Man's Stew
- Amazing Copycat Wendy's Chili
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff
- Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup
- Just Like Outback Steakhouse Easy Potato Soup
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Copycat Red Lobster Clam Chowder
- Homemade Panera Autumn Squash Soup
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Corn Chowder
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Copycat Wendys Frosty Recipe
- Baked Beans With Ground Beef
- Homemade Tomato Juice Recipe
- Easy Bake Smores Casserole Recipe
- Copycat Starbucks Dragonfruit Refresher Recipe
- Best Simple Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
- Easy Chicken Chop Suey Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- Dutch Bros Kicker (irish Cream Breve)
- Copycat Frappuccino Or Frappé
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat