- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Olive Garden Spinach and Artichoke Dip Copycat
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
There is a reason why this creamy spinach dip is on so many restaurant menus. It is simply delicious, and it makes an excellent dinner appetizer or game day snack. Nothing can beat this warm, delightful spinach dip when you are craving an easy snack. You can serve it with your favorite brand of store-bought crackers or toast some fresh Italian or pita bread for an extra-filling serving option. You don't have to be a fan of spinach or artichokes to adore this dish. When combined with fresh warm cheese, spinach and artichokes will apeal to any diner.
Cooking Time25 min
Cooking Vessel Size7 x 10-inch Baking Pan
- 1 (14-ounce) can of sliced artichokes
- 16 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons flour (see note)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 clove of garlic, very finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper
- 6 ounces of baby spinach leaves, chopped into roughly 1-inch pieces
- For Serving
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 7 x 10 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine all dip ingredients, stirring until completely mixed. Spoon into prepared bake dish, smoothing the top. Bake for 25 minutes until just lightly browned on top.
Slice baguette inch thick and brush slices on both sides with olive oil. Broil for 3 - 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
-The dip should be served while warm. To make ahead, combine all ingredients in the bake dish, wrap tightly and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before baking.
Baguette slices may be broiled several hours ahead of serving. Keep at room temperature, uncovered until serving time.
-For Gluten Free diners: the flour in this recipe is necessary to keep the fresh spinach from causing the dip to be watery. For a Gluten Free version, simply toss the spinach leaves with 2 tablespoons Gluten Free flour before stirring them into the rest of the ingredients.
This decadent chocolate cake recipe is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Take it to your next family gathering or potluck, and it will fly off the dessert table.
16 Homemade Bar Food Recipes
What's your favorite appetizer recipe?
Let us know in the comments!
Read NextHomemade Chicken Potstickers
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Dec 07, 2015
I love spinach and artichoke dip, and this recipe was tasty and easy. Marscapone can be pretty pricey, so next time I might try to use sour cream instead and see how it turns out.
Sep 25, 2015
This is so going to be my "go to" appetizer when I'm asked to bring something to a party. It is delicious and yummy and all things good.
Sep 24, 2015
OMG this is amazing! I think it might even be better than the one at the restaurant. Who needs crostini? Just give me a spoon!
Sep 24, 2015
So delish! I will be making this for company all the time!
Sep 24, 2015
One of the best Spinach and Artichoke Dips I've ever had!
Sep 24, 2015
Fabulous. Just fabulous.
Sep 24, 2015
This was amazing! It tasted just like the spinach and artichoke dip at restaurants. Cheesy and delicious when served warm. Honestly, I could probably eat spoonsful of this on its own, without crackers or bread.
Sep 24, 2015
OMG this dip was great! I will definitely be making it for future parties. Such a hit!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Deli Style Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
This easy pasta salad recipe is perfect for any picnic or church potluck. It is easy to make, creamy, and incredibly tasty. Side dish… Continue reading: "Deli Style Hawaiian Macaroni Salad"
- Homemade Chicken Potstickers
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Dill Pickles
- Homemade Olive Garden Toasted Ravioli
- Vintage Vidalia Onion Dip
- Easy Chicken Nachos
- Copycat Bonefish Saucy Shrimp
- The Best Copycat Appetizers: 9 Easy Appetizer Recipes Free eCookbook
- Cheeseburger Quesadillas
- Olive Garden-Inspired Parmesan Zucchini Bites
- 10 Copycat Salsa Recipes
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Crumbl Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Big Mac Casserole
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- Lumpia Filipino-style Egg Rolls
- Crispy Beef Egg Rolls In Air Fryer Recipe
- Dunkin Donuts Wake Up Wrap Copycat Recipe
- Dairy Queen Flamethrower Burger
- Copycat Dairy Queen Flamethrower Sauce
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Tomato Basil Pasta
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat