Homemade Momofuku Crack Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
If you are looking for the next addictive dessert recipe, then this Homemade Momofuku Crack Pie is just that. The crust is actually made with broken up and buttery cookies. The combination of the cookie recipe and a pie recipe is sensational. The light and buttery filling is everything you would want in a perfect pie filling and more. This Momofuku pie recipe is a must-try for all dessert-lovers out there. Be sure you make enough for everyone to try a slice or three.
Makes: 2 10-inch pies
Preparation Time: 2 hr
Cooking Time: 25 min
For the Cookie:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch baking soda
For the Crust:
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Cookie (above), prepared, baked and cooled
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
For the Filling:
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup dry instant milk powder
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 8 egg yolks
- ½ cup powdered sugar, sifted, for final garnish
For more copycat recipes like this one, check out our collection of 11 Momofuku Milk Bar Copycat Recipes.
To Make the Cookie:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment or Silpat. Using an electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter with both sugars until fluffy and light, 2 - 3 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and lower the speed to low. Add the egg, then increase speed again to medium and beat 1 - 2 minutes until the mixture is pale colored and sugar is dissolved. On low speed, add the dry ingredients and mix 1 minute until the dough comes together and all dry ingredients have been incorporated. Spread the dough on the prepared pan to a thickness of inch. The cookie will be approximately 12 x 9 inches, and not cover the whole pan. Bake for 15 minutes until the edges are just beginning to brown. Let cool. Cookie may be done several hours in advance.
To Make the Crust:
- Break the baked cookie into chunks and place into a food processor with brown sugar and butter. Pulse until the mixture resembles wet sand. Add the butter and pulse until mixture holds together. (If it will not hold together when pressed between your fingers, add 1 tablespoons additional melted butter.) Divide the mixture into two parts and press firmly into the two pie plates to evenly cover the bottom and up the sides. Use immediately or hold at cool room temperature or in the refrigerator.
To Make the Filling:
- In a stand mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the dry ingredients on low speed. Keep the motor on low for the entire process to achieve the proper consistency. Add the melted butter and stir until all the dry ingredients are moistened. Add the cream and vanilla and mix until all the white color has been incorporated completely. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and, with machine running on low, add the egg yolks one at a time. When the mixture just begins to come together, and without beating extra air into it, pour it into the prepared crusts. The filling should be used immediately.
To Assemble and Bake:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray two 10-inch deep dish pie plates with cooking spray. Place filled pie plates on cookie sheets and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325 degrees F and continue to bake until the filling is almost set it may be slightly jiggly in the very center, but the edges should be set and lightly browned. Start checking after 20 minutes; this may take up to 30 minutes or more depending on your oven.
- Remove pies from the oven and cool on wire racks to cool room temperature. Place pies into the freezer for 3 hours or up to overnight, which will condense the filling.
- Dust heavily with sifted powdered sugar just before serving.
- This recipe requires several steps, so read the entire recipe completely and take note of the timing for each step, plus the 3 hours for freezing before serving, to plan your work accordingly. Note that both the cookie and also the completed crust may be made ahead. However, the filling should be made right before baking.
- You may wish to save some time by using prepared graham cracker crusts. In that case, make the filling, fill the crusts and bake per that part of the recipe above. Freeze and dust with powdered sugar as directed.
Don't miss the reader favorite recipes that inspired this one, Inspired By Momofuku Crack Pie!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Copycat Tennessee Tea Cake Donuts
- 5 Minute Cookies and Cream Fudge
- White Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake
- Bourbon Banana Pudding Jello
- Simple Amish Chess Pie Recipe
- Classic American Apple Pie Recipe
- Southern Belle Frosting Recipe
- Copycat Sara Lee Pound Cake Recipe
- Just Like Amish Country Whoopie Pies
- California Pizza Kitchen Copycat Butter Cake
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- 14 Copycat Carrabbas Recipes
- P.F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Spicy Pea Bacon Feta Salad
- Copycat Chocolate Coca Cola Recipe
- Copycat Wendy's Frosty
- Copycat Big Mac
- Copycat Choco Taco
- Copycat Cosmic Brownies
- Chocolate Caramel Pizookie
- Spicy Chinese Sichuan Green Beans