This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Santa’s Strawberry and Brownie Hats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
"These cute little things came about a few months back and the idea or recipe had to come out now fit for the perfect time of the year when the cute hats will suit perfectly and make Santa ? such a happy man! I do enjoy having the kids around the kitchen helping or doing things and what I like the most is that they’re very good at what they do and have a lot of kitchen sense and skills somehow. Strawberries mounted on a homemade delish brownie decorated with Baileys cream - a real Christmas treat!"
Notes• This recipe makes anything between 16-20 pieces depending on how you cut them. Try and cut them as neatly as you can and as next to one another as possible so you make the most of them with not much “waste”. No excuses for early brownie munching on the premise that you cut them badly!! Do a neat job please
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time20 min
- For the brownie:190 g cane sugar
- 120 g brown butter melted
- 75 g raw cacao powder
- 50 g flour
- 30 g dry cranberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp heaped creme fraiche
- 1 tsp Vanilla or rum essence
- For the hats:16-20 strawberries
- 200 g Baileys thick cream *
Prepare and grease an oven tray or an ovenproof dish (I used a 28cm round glass one). Grease it and preheat the oven to 150°C if fan assisted and 170°C if it is not.
Melt the brown butter or brown it now if you don’t have any and set aside - see recipe notes how to brown the butter.
In a medium sized bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla and cacao powder, and the salt. Mix these slightly while dry and then add the butter slowly whisking gently.
Add the eggs which should be at room temperature, one by one and beating in between. Beat this for a minute or two.
Add the flour gently and incorporate this in nicely, then add the nuts (roughly chopped and toasted) and stir them in a little more equally spread them within the mixture.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared oven dish and bake for 20 mins. The mixture should be around 1 cm thick.
While the brownie bakes, start preparing the strawberries by washing and slice the top from each strawberry to leave a flat base.
When brownies are ready, take them out of the oven and if you used parchment paper you can take the brownie out on a wire rack for it to cool faster. If no parchment was used just allow it to cool in the actual dish. It is important that you allow it to cool before starting to cut into it.
When brownie has cooled, using a cookie cutter, can be any desired shape, (I used a flower shape with 6 petals) begin to cut your little Santa hats base. Place the cut ones on a plate. It can be the actual serving plate.
Using a piping bag with a small nozzle, pipe a dot of the thick cream into the centre of each cooled brownie and top with a strawberry. Pipe around the base of each strawberry few more dots and finish with a small dot of cream on the pointed top to make a tiny cute little bobble for Santa’s hat.
Serve and enjoy these attractive little cuties!?
Read NextCopycat Simple Almond Biscotti
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup
This Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup recipe is unlike any other soup you have tried before. The famous Outback recipe is a… Continue reading: "Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup"
- Copycat Simple Almond Biscotti
- Rich Butterfinger Ice Cream Dessert Bars Recipe
- Mom's Mini Peach Pies
- Chinese Almond Cookie Recipe
- 3-Ingredient Chinese Buffet Style Donuts
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Copycat Chocolate Cherry Cobbler
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Cafe Style Chocolate Tiramisu Cake
- English Garden Lemon Bars
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Copycat Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookie
- 3-Ingredient Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Southern Ham With Red Eye Gravy Recipe
- Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Taco John's Apple Grande Copycat
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Turkey Bacon, Cheddar And Egg White Sandwich
- Perfect New York Strip Steak Oven Recipe
- Easy Homemade Whipped Cream
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat