8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Copycat Cheesecake Factory Chinese Chicken Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Once you try this copycat recipe, you will want it again and again. In fact, nobody can resist the taste of this Copycat Cheesecake Factory Chinese Chicken Salad. This Chinese chicken salad recipe will take you back to that delicious meal you had at Cheesecake Factory. In fact, this chicken salad recipe is so easy that you can get the kids to help you in the kitchen. They won't believe that chicken salad recipes are so fun to make and so delicious to eat. Invite the whole family over for a meal you won't soon forget.
NotesBean sprouts should be used when they are very fresh and crisp. It is traditional to remove both the tops and the bottom, thread-y, roots. However, tops may be used if you wish or saved and used later in a stir fry dish or a soup.
- 8 ounces chicken breast
- 4 egg roll wrappers or 8 wonton skins
- 4 ounces package bean thread noodles
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 cup drained canned mandarin oranges (one 8 ounce can)
- 7 ounces jar plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon toasted black sesame seeds
Have you ever wanted to learn how to cook Chinese food? Here's your chance: 35 Copycat Chinese Restaurant Recipes
Place chicken breast into a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, lower heat to a very low simmer and cook until chicken is done in the center, about 20 minutes.
While the chicken cooks, in a heavy, deep and wide skillet or wok, heat enough oil to fill it to a depth of 3 inches. Over medium-high heat, raise oil to a temperature of 375 degrees F on a deep fry thermometer.
Cut egg roll wrappers into 2 inch x ½ inch strips. When oil is hot, carefully drop egg roll wrapper strips into the oil and cook about 1 minute or until golden brown. Drain on a bake sheet lined with paper towels. Carefully drop bean thread noodles into the hot oil until they puff up, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
When chicken is cooked, cut into thin slices and then into 2-inch strips.
In a very large bowl, place cabbage and lettuces. Top with chicken strips.
Trim and remove top and tails from bean sprouts (see note) and add to the bowl. Remove ends from snow peas, lay them overlapping on work surface and cut into thin strips; reserve a few for garnish and add the rest to the bowl. Trim root ends and the tops of the green onions, leaving some of the tender green portion. Cut into thin julienne strips 2” long. Reserve a few for garnish and add the rest to the bowl.
Add the mandarin oranges to the bowl then pour on the plum sauce, vinegar and sesame oil. Add ½ of the almonds and toss well.
Garnish the salad with the reserved snow peas, green onions and almonds. Top with sesame seeds, the fried egg roll wrapper strips and the bean thread noodles.
Don't want to spend the entire day shopping? Feel like eating a delicious food court treat without dropping money on a new pair of shoes? Now you can make these food court classics in the comfort of your own home:
Read NextRamen Noodle Salad
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Feb 25, 2016
I liked the crunchy chips and the small pieces of chicken. Very tasty,
Feb 25, 2016
I liked this a lot, but agree with eatbakebread that the dressing could have used some more citrus or soy. Loved the variety of vegetables being used.
Feb 25, 2016
This wasn't bad, but it definitely could've used some extra oomph. Possibly the dressing needed more citrus or soy. As it was, I thought it was a bit bland.
Editor for AllFree CrochetAfghanPatte rns
Feb 25, 2016
Delicious! I really enjoyed the wonton wrapper ingredient; it added a nice crunch to the mix.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Civil War Macaroni and Cheese Copycat
Do you like old fashioned recipes? Do you like macaroni and cheese? Then you will absolutely love this Civil War Macaroni and Cheese… Continue reading: "Civil War Macaroni and Cheese Copycat"
- Ramen Noodle Salad
- Panera Apple Chicken Salad Copycat Recipe
- Panera Copycat Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 44 Copycat Salad Recipes from Restaurants
- Applebee's Oriental Dressing Knockoff
- Copycat Portillo's Chopped Salad and Dressing
- Copycat Chili's Caribbean Salad
- Wonderful Winter Fruit Salad
- Cheesecake Factory BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
- Jason’s Deli Chicken Salad Recipe
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Crumbl Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Big Mac Casserole
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- Lumpia Filipino-style Egg Rolls
- Crispy Beef Egg Rolls In Air Fryer Recipe
- Dunkin Donuts Wake Up Wrap Copycat Recipe
- Dairy Queen Flamethrower Burger
- Copycat Dairy Queen Flamethrower Sauce
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Tomato Basil Pasta
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat