Copycat Cheesecake Factory Chinese Chicken Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Once you try this copycat recipe, you will want it again and again. In fact, nobody can resist the taste of this Copycat Cheesecake Factory Chinese Chicken Salad. This Chinese chicken salad recipe will take you back to that delicious meal you had at Cheesecake Factory. In fact, this chicken salad recipe is so easy that you can get the kids to help you in the kitchen. They won't believe that chicken salad recipes are so fun to make and so delicious to eat. Invite the whole family over for a meal you won't soon forget.
NotesBean sprouts should be used when they are very fresh and crisp. It is traditional to remove both the tops and the bottom, thread-y, roots. However, tops may be used if you wish or saved and used later in a stir fry dish or a soup.
- 8 ounces chicken breast
- 4 egg roll wrappers or 8 wonton skins
- 4 ounces package bean thread noodles
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 2 green onions
- 7 ounces jar plum sauce
- 1/2 cup drained canned mandarin oranges (one 8 ounce can)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon toasted black sesame seeds
Have you ever wanted to learn how to cook Chinese food? Here's your chance: 35 Copycat Chinese Restaurant Recipes
Place chicken breast into a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, lower heat to a very low simmer and cook until chicken is done in the center, about 20 minutes.
While the chicken cooks, in a heavy, deep and wide skillet or wok, heat enough oil to fill it to a depth of 3 inches. Over medium-high heat, raise oil to a temperature of 375 degrees F on a deep fry thermometer.
Cut egg roll wrappers into 2 inch x ½ inch strips. When oil is hot, carefully drop egg roll wrapper strips into the oil and cook about 1 minute or until golden brown. Drain on a bake sheet lined with paper towels. Carefully drop bean thread noodles into the hot oil until they puff up, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
When chicken is cooked, cut into thin slices and then into 2-inch strips.
In a very large bowl, place cabbage and lettuces. Top with chicken strips.
Trim and remove top and tails from bean sprouts (see note) and add to the bowl. Remove ends from snow peas, lay them overlapping on work surface and cut into thin strips; reserve a few for garnish and add the rest to the bowl. Trim root ends and the tops of the green onions, leaving some of the tender green portion. Cut into thin julienne strips 2” long. Reserve a few for garnish and add the rest to the bowl.
Add the mandarin oranges to the bowl then pour on the plum sauce, vinegar and sesame oil. Add ½ of the almonds and toss well.
Garnish the salad with the reserved snow peas, green onions and almonds. Top with sesame seeds, the fried egg roll wrapper strips and the bean thread noodles.
Don't want to spend the entire day shopping? Feel like eating a delicious food court treat without dropping money on a new pair of shoes? Now you can make these food court classics in the comfort of your own home: 34 Food Court Favorite Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
"Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches that are so tender and flavorful you'll feel like you're in Philly. Perfect for a crowd!… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches"
Jason’s Deli Chicken Salad Recipe
44 Copycat Salad Recipes from Restaurants
Panera's Thai Chopped Chicken Salad Copycat Recipe
Fuji Apple Chicken Salad Panera Copycat
Cheesecake Factory BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
Copycat Cheesecake Factory Chinese Chicken Salad
Copycat Panera Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
Copycat Outback Steakhouse Blue Cheese Pecan Chopped Salad
Copycat Lou Malnati's Salad Recipe
Copycat Applebee's Thai Shrimp Salad
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Crunchy French Onion Chicken
- Yummy Spicy Coconut Chicken
- Maple Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
- Easy Crab Cake Recipe
- Restaurant Style Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Vegetable Pastry-Free Flan (Quiche)
- New Orleans Style Beignet Recipe
- Disneyland Jalapeno Cheese Pretzel Copycat
- Green Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Diner Style Eggs Benedict Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat