Copycat Five Guys Burger Recipe
Learn how to make a deliciously-juicy burger with this copycat Five Guys recipe!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
This Copycat Five Guys Burger recipe replicates the delicious burger recipe found at the famous fast food joint. This easy burger recipe is a great option for a quick dinner. The burgers have a cheesy surprise with loads of cheese stuffed in between the two patties. Season these burgers on the grill for a truly Five Guys experience.
This budget-friendly recipe is great for a cook-out or a weeknight meal. It's also a great recipe for summer holidays and backyard parties. Five Guys features a medley of toppings to choose from, so get creative. This recipe would be great to make for Father's Day or to enjoy on a warm summer afternoon. Fire up the grill, get your five guys cheeseburger ingredients together, and get to cooking!
While you're here, check out this video for easy Air Fryer French Fries. They're the perfect side for your Five Guys Burger!
Sign up for our newsletter for more free copycat recipes!
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, each slice cut in half
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices American cheese
- 2 hamburger buns
- Lettuce and condiments as desired
Ever tried Pretzel Crusted Chicken from The Cheesecake Factory? Tender, bite-size chicken pieces are coated in a buttermilk pretzel crust and then fried to give them a perfect crispy topping: Cheesecake Factory Pretzel Crusted Chicken Copycat
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
Add the mushrooms and onion and toss to coat. Continue to slowly cook, stirring often and adding Worcestershire sauce about half way through, until mushrooms release all of their moisture and they and the onions are nicely browned, about 20 minutes.
Bake the bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet for 10 minutes.
Remove the bacon when it has reached the desired crispiness. Set aside. Use the remaining butter to spread on both sides of the buns and place them, cut side up, into the oven for 2-3 minutes to brown lightly.
Divide ground beef into 4 portions and form into patties.
Depress the center of each by making a thumbprint in the center this enables the meat to cook more evenly. Place a griddle or large skillet over medium heat and allow to get hot before placing the burgers on it. Cook, sprinkling with salt and pepper to taste, for 3-4 minutes per side or until done to your liking. Turn off heat and lay a piece of cheese on top of each burger so it begins to melt.
Immediately assemble the burgers.
On the bottom of the buns, lay lettuce then a cheese-topped burger, topped by the second cheese-topped burger. Spoon mushroom/onion mixture on top and finish with strips of bacon. Cover with the top of the buns and serve with garnishes at the table.
Did You Know?
While this copycat Five Guy's Burger is delicious, this chain definitely wasn't the first to develop the cookout staple. There are actually several theories about how the cheeseburger was invented, so I'll stick with the story about how the cheeseburger got its start in America. Years after the hamburger was popularized, the cheeseburger was created in Pasadena, California. Sometime between 1924 and 1926, a 16-year-old at a sandwich shop decided to experiment by dropping a piece of American cheese on a hamburger while it was on the grill, and thus, the cheeseburger was born.
Now, you can hardly walk down the street without passing any restaurant that serves a cheeseburger. The cheeseburger is less than a hundred years old, but is now found all around the world. There are thousands of combinations of this American classic. So whether you change up the bun, add extra toppings, or keep it plain, the cheeseburger is still a delicious staple.
Feeling a bit adventurous? For a little bit of a twist, try these Copycat Outback Aussie Cheese Fries
Diner-Style Garlic Parmesan Fries
Have you tried this mouth-watering burger recipe?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
There is nothing more satisfying at the end of a long day than some potatoes au gratin to indulge yourself in. These perfect Copycat… Continue reading: "Copycat Pioneer Woman Au Gratin Potatoes"
- Copycat Applebee's Clubhouse Grille Sandwich
- Whataburger Chicken Strip Sandwich
- Copycat Bennigan's Turkey O'Toole
- Copycat Pioneer Woman Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- Homemade Bread in a Bag
- Philly Cheesesteak
- Copycat Five Guys Burger Recipe
- Classic Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe
- Just-Like Bennigan's Monte Cristo Sandwich
- Slow Cooker McRib Sandwiches
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
- Copycat Crab Rangoon
- Copycat Disney Dole Whip Recipe
- Copycat Cheddar Biscuits Recipe(red Lobster)
- How To Make Easy Homemade Pizza
- Copycat Chick-fil-a Sauce
- Pasta With Broccoli And Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Grilled Tex Mex Chicken Breast
- Shaken Espresso With Oatmilk
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat