This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Broccoli Sprouts and Red Cabbage Salad
"Broccoli sprouts are live food which it’s really good for you. I’ve only discovered them about a year ago and I absolutely love them. My favorite sprouts now that are in my fridge on weekly basis!! The sprouts are crispy, slightly nutty, sweet and a little mustardy, they are such a joy sprinkled over a salad, a breakfast egg on toast, smoked salmon, poached egg, egg benedict or simply as a snack or a simple side salad. Amazing stuff!! ?"
NotesEnjoy this energising salad as a side to any grilled fish or mea as well as on its own.
This is simply delicious and very moreish! Let me know if you liked it.
Cooking Time10 min
- For the salad: 200 g organic broccoli sprouts
- 1/2 medium organic red cabbage
- 2 small organic celery stalks
- 1 large organic red onion
- 1 large organic green pepper optional
- 1 red chili optional
- For the vinaigrette: 3 tbps balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbps organic cider vinegar
- 1/4 tbps unrefined sugar or honey
- 1/2 tbps mustard
Chop the celery, onion, pepper and the chilli, shred the cabbage and place it all in a large bowl.
Mix all ingredients and add the broccoli sprouts.
In a jar add all vinaigrette ingredients, put the lid on and give it a proper powerful shake for a minute.
Pour the vinaigrette over the mixed salad and toss.
Read NextCopycat Taco Pasta Salad Recipe