This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Holiday Side Dish Recipes: 10 Easy Side Dishes for Christmas
- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Creamy Chicken And Mushroom With Polenta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
"This superb creamy chicken and mushroom dish is rich but it is by far my family’s absolute favourite! I am sure you will love it too, so give it a go. I really like to have this with the polenta, I am not quite sure why but it could be because they really do compliment each other or it is because this is how I have always had it. Rich, filling and trully yummy! Very easy to make too. "
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time25 min
- The dish:400 g chicken breast
- 250 g mushrooms closed cup or chestnut
- 1 large onion optional
- 250 ml creme fraiche full fat
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 pinch freshy ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil optional
- The polenta:150 g polenta flour
- 500 ml water
Chop the onion and place it in a cooking pan that is on medium heat. Sprinkle salt and add the chicken along with few drops of water and cover. Cook for about 10 min, occasionally stirring gently. Do not allow it to burn as this will not look good- it is meant to be a white sauce, burning it will change the colour. Add a bit of water from time to time if needed or even a splash of white wine for that extra flavour!
While the chicken cooks, place a pot with the water for the polenta on medium/high heat, add the salt and allow to boil.
Slice the mushrooms and add to the chicken and onion. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
Stir in the crème fraîche and the double cream and let cook (uncovered) for a further 7-10 min over medium/low heat.
When the water for the polenta is boiling, add the chopped thyme or rosemary and then the polenta flour while stirring gently until it all homogenises. Continue to stir for about 2 minutes and then allow to cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat this 3 times and then take it out onto a plate.
Serve a spoonful or two of polenta along with 3-4 spoonfuls of creamy sauce.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff
This Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff recipe is rich and creamy in all the right ways. It will take you longer to drive to the… Continue reading: "Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff"
- Fried Zucchini In Garlic Vinegar Sauce
- Deli Style Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- Bob Evans' Mashed Potatoes Copycat Recipe
- Longhorn Steakhouse Parmesan Encrusted Asparagus Copycat
- Famous Dave's Copycat Sweet Cornbread Muffins
- Mashed Potato Pancakes
- Our Version of Crescent Rolls
- Longhorn Steakhouse Mashed Potatoes
- Copycat Taco Pasta Salad Recipe
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Best Simple Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
- Easy Chicken Chop Suey Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- Dutch Bros Kicker (irish Cream Breve)
- Copycat Frappuccino Or Frappé
- Hazelnut Latte
- Crumbl Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Big Mac Casserole
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat