This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Creamy Chicken And Mushroom With Polenta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"This superb creamy chicken and mushroom dish is rich but it is by far my family’s absolute favourite! I am sure you will love it too, so give it a go. I really like to have this with the polenta, I am not quite sure why but it could be because they really do compliment each other or it is because this is how I have always had it. Rich, filling and trully yummy! Very easy to make too. "
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time25 min
- The dish:400 g chicken breast
- 250 g mushrooms closed cup or chestnut
- 1 large onion optional
- 250 ml creme fraiche full fat
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 pinch freshy ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil optional
- The polenta:150 g polenta flour
- 500 ml water
Chop the onion and place it in a cooking pan that is on medium heat. Sprinkle salt and add the chicken along with few drops of water and cover. Cook for about 10 min, occasionally stirring gently. Do not allow it to burn as this will not look good- it is meant to be a white sauce, burning it will change the colour. Add a bit of water from time to time if needed or even a splash of white wine for that extra flavour!
While the chicken cooks, place a pot with the water for the polenta on medium/high heat, add the salt and allow to boil.
Slice the mushrooms and add to the chicken and onion. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
Stir in the crème fraîche and the double cream and let cook (uncovered) for a further 7-10 min over medium/low heat.
When the water for the polenta is boiling, add the chopped thyme or rosemary and then the polenta flour while stirring gently until it all homogenises. Continue to stir for about 2 minutes and then allow to cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat this 3 times and then take it out onto a plate.
Serve a spoonful or two of polenta along with 3-4 spoonfuls of creamy sauce.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
This spaghetti pie was only available at Olive Garden for a limited time, but it was amazing while it was there. It's filled with… Continue reading: "Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Pie"
- Ruby Tuesday Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- Bob Evans' Mashed Potatoes Copycat Recipe
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Sweet Potato Recipe
- Crispy Homemade Hash Browns
- Panera's Mac and Cheese Copycat Recipe
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Browns Casserole
- Booster Rainbow Salad
- Easy Chicken Thighs in Peanut Sauce with Green Beans
- Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks
- Texas Roadhouse Rolls Copycat Recipe
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Gingerbread Streusel Muffins
- How To Make Taco Shells In The Air Fryer
- Delicious Egg Chicken Roll Recipe
- How To Cook A Turkey
- Peppermint Mocha Donuts
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Redneck Nachos (ole Red Copycat)
- Moroccan Tomato And Cauliflower Soup
- Delicious Homemade Chocolate
- Creamy Chicken And Mushroom With Polenta
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat